[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Jan. 18 (THURS)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 18 14:07:00 PST 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.ne<mailto:bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net>t

Student Daily Bulletin - January 18, 2018
Celebrating Jacket Musicians - CORRECTION

Earlier this week we shared news about Jacket musicians who recently performed with the Honor Band and Orchestra at the California Music Educators Association Winter Conference, but we made a mistake in the names of the musicians. Congratulations to Alexis Robinson, Karina Balleck, Naomi Birenbaum, and Kati Leitner. We apologize for the error.

Morning Sports Report

Congratulations to the boys and girls varsity soccer teams, who defeated Mt. Eden High School last night.

This afternoon our wrestling team, fresh off their winning performance from last week, hosts a meet in the M Gym. Come out to support them for their only home match of the season as they wrestle against Castro Valley and San Leandro. During the meet, senior wrestlers will be recognized, so come on out to support them. Admission is free, and matches will start around 4:30.

Tomorrow night at home, the girls soccer teams host Castro Valley at Jacket Stadium, and the girls basketball teams take on Piedmont in the Donahue Gym.

Elections for 2018-2019 Student Leadership Positions

Berkeley High is ushering in a new era of school culture, and you could be the perfect candidate to help shape it! We Yellow Jackets want to attend a school that is welcoming, fun, spirited, and overall an exciting place to attend for 180+ days out of the year. ASB Leadership is one way where you can help create the events and policies that will build up the culture of this great school.

Applications for 2018-19 elected positions such as President, Vice President, School Site Council Student Representative, BSEP, Chief of Service, and Chief of Publicity are available now on the ASB Leadership website, and in the Leadership office near the cafeteria. Candidates for elected positions should submit their application by February 15, beginning their campaign, making a speech at the Election Convention, and vying for votes in late March during ASB Elections. Feel free to ask Mr. V or current leaders for more information about student leadership, and visit berkeleyschools.net/leadership to download an application.

Get involved today to see positive change tomorrow!

Saturday School

The next Saturday School will be held this Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 in room M-301. Attending this Saturday School will clear up to 6 unverified period absences from December. Students who wish to attend Saturday School must sign up in the Attendance Office before school, during lunch or after school. We can only take up to 30 students per Saturday School session.

Special Bell Schedule for Final Exams

Fall Semester final exams begin next Wednesday, January 24. You can find the complete bell schedule for final exams on pages 70 and 71 of your BHS Student Organizer/Handbook. From Wednesday through Friday, students will go to only two periods each day, but each period will be two hours long for final exams, projects and learning activities. At 12:40 pm on those days, students are free to leave campus for the day, or you can go to lunch and return to campus at 1:30 to meet with teachers or study.

Dance Production

You have two more opportunities to see Dance Production 2018’s winter show. Tomorrow is “pay what you can” night, and Saturday is the final performance. Both performances begin at 7:00 pm in the Little Theater.

Positive Shout Out

Tomorrow Principal Schweng will read the morning announcements, and later today you will receive a message with a link to the Positive Shout Out form. We invite you to nominate an individual or a group for a positive shout out, and we thank everyone for your efforts to showcase what’s positive here at Berkeley High.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.