[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Dec. 4 (Mon)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Dec 4 13:06:36 PST 2017
If you have questions about the announcements in the Student Daily Bulletin, which is put together in the BHS Main Office, please contact bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net<mailto:bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net>
Morning Sports Report
It was a busy weekend for Jacket sports teams! Here are the highlights:
* Our Jacket Cheer Team placed in the Jamz Slam City Competition at San Francisco's Cow Palace, and they are headed to the Jamz Cheer and Dance National Championships<http://www.jamz.com/Championship-Guide_School_Divisions-and-Categories> in Las Vegas in February. Congratulations!
* The boys varsity basketball team also competed in San Francisco last weekend. They beat Mission High School, but lost to Riordan. Tonight they host Oakland's Castlemont High School in the Donahue Gym. The JV teams tip off at 5:30, and the varsity game starts at 7:00 pm.Admission is free for students with an ASB sticker, $2 for students with a valid ID, and $4 for everyone else. Tomorrow night the home stand continues as the Jacket boys basketball teams host the Skyline Titans.
* The girls varsity basketball team competed in the Dougherty Valley Varsity Tournament over the weekend; they defeated Skyline but fell to the host school. They will compete in another tournament later this week.
* On Saturday, the boys varsity soccer team suffered its first loss of the season against Amador Valley, but the freshman team defeated Amador Valley. Tomorrow both the varsity and JV teams will travel to San Lorenzo for the opening game of league play.
* At the OC Winter Showcase in Southern California, the varsity girls soccer team lost one match and tied one match. The freshman, JV and varsity girls soccer teams will each play three times this week.
In other sports news, our coed wrestling team is hosting a novice tournament this afternoon in the M Gym.
If your team played this weekend and your score wasn't announced, make sure your coaches post the results on MaxPreps.com<http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/berkeley-yellowjackets-(berkeley,ca)/sports.htm> so we can share them here on the Morning Announcements.
Still thinking of applying to Cal State University, or do you want to add a campus? San Francisco State University and CSU East Bay have extended their application deadline to December 15. Apply at this website: www.calstate.edu/apply<http://www.calstate.edu/apply>.
Got more schools on your list? There is still time to apply to private colleges or universities, usually until January 1 or 15, or February 1, or rolling admissions. Check each school's deadline. Over 600 schools are available on the Common Application<http://www.commonapp.org/>.
If you are thinking about community college next year, check out the California Community Colleges website and create an account for future enrollment. The enrollment for community college will begin in the spring for Fall 2018 admission. Go to home.cccapply.org/colleges<http://home.cccapply.org/colleges> for more information.
And if you haven't yet completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA<https://fafsa.ed.gov/>, get help from one of the College Advisors in the CCC or your academic counselor, and get the information you need from your parents or guardians in order to submit your application.
Modern Dance Classes for Everyone
If you are motivated to learn some new dance moves, all BHS students and staff are invited to attend upcoming dance classes hosted by UC Berkeley AFXDance<https://callink.berkeley.edu/organization/afxdance>. AFX is UC Berkeley's largest dance organization. Their outreach program brings dance to local high schools in the hopes of fostering a passion in students who may not have been previously exposed to dancing.
Classes take place this week in the African Diaspora Dance Room (above the PE Locker Rooms) on Tuesday, December 5, and Thursday, December 7, from 3:30 until 5:00. Hope to see you there!
Children's Book Drive
Do you have a bunch of kids' books just lying around? Well you're in luck! The club Kids Books for Change is holding a book drive for all kinds of children's books starting on December 5th. Books will be donated to UC Benioff Children's Hospital in Oakland. You can drop of your donations in the C gallery or in the BHS Library. Contact Calliope Arkilic at calliopearkilic at students.berkeley.net<mailto:calliopearkilic at students.berkeley.net> if you have any questions. All donations are appreciated!
Holiday Grams Fundraiser
The winter holiday season is here, and BIHS leadership<http://bihs.berkeleyschools.net/about-bihs/student-leadership/> is celebrating by bringing you holiday grams! They're being sold this week during lunch in the C Building Gallery. You can buy chocolate or candy canes, and attach a personalized card, for only $1 each. They're great for students or staff! The grams will be delivered to recipients next week.
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS