[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: BHS Holiday Meal 2017 Update

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 29 08:34:50 PST 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

This is an updated announcement about the annual Holiday Meal. We are in
great need of warm clothing, underwear, and socks. If you have any of these
items or items listed below, feel free to have your student drop them off
in the bins outside of the leadership office in the cafeteria. THANK YOU!

BHS Holiday Meal on December 8-9, 2017

The 2017 Holiday Meal is an annual event where over 250 guests receive food
and good cheer from 200+ Berkeley High volunteers. Although some of the
guests typically are living without full-time housing, the doors are open
to anyone who wants a heartwarming meal and good cheer.

We invite the entire BHS community to get involved in this service event in
any or all of these ways:

1.    Contribute Funds - We have surpassed our goal...Thank you for your
generous donations!!!

2.    Contribute Canned Food

3.    Contribute Fresh Food (sign up online) We are still in need of
HAM/TURKEY.

4.    Volunteer (link is now open!!! scroll down) ONLY a few FRIDAY spots
left.

1. We are currently at $4,500+ for the Holiday Meal. THANK YOU!!! If you
have already mailed a check or contributed funds, you will receive a
donation receipt in the mail in the next few weeks. These funds offset
staff costs, ingredients, supplies, decorations, and entertainment among
other items. If you would still like to contribute funds for this event and
subsequent service opportunities, we accept CASH or CHECKS payable to "BHS
ASB".

Checks can be dropped off to Mr. Villavicencio's mailbox or mailed directly
to:

Berkeley High School

c/o Mr. Villavicencio BHS Holiday Meal

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

2. We are also in need of donations of canned goods and fresh food. Bins
are located in the BHS cafeteria and we are accepting the following items:

Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black,green, baked, refried)

Corn

Chili (Vegetarian, beef)

Soup (Chicken Noodle)

Cranberry Sauce

Pumpkin Pie filling

Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes

Pasta, Macaroni Noodles

3. Fresh Food donations of pre-cooked turkey/ham, desserts, side dishes, or
beverages will be tracked online. Please visit our SignUp Genius page to
pledge a donation of fresh food to be brought on the day of the meal. Thank
you!!!

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4faea62da57-bhsholiday

4. Holiday Meal volunteers have a tremendous impact on the event whether
they are setting up the space on the day before the meal or interacting
with guests on the day of the event. We plan to have space for at least 300
volunteers this year, so be on the lookout for the volunteer list when it
gets posted in mid-November. The volunteer link will be available beginning
November 13 for one of the shifts: setup, service, and clean up.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4faea62da57-bhsholiday1

Please visit the BHS Leadership website to get more information about the
event: http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=214

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*