[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Nov. 17 (Fri)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Nov 17 15:56:33 PST 2017
If you have questions about the announcements in the Student Daily Bulletin, which is put together in the BHS Main Office, please contact bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net<mailto:bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net>
Good Morning, Berkeley High! Here are the morning announcements for Friday, November 17.
Positive Shout Outs
· From Mr. Parker to Ms. Rosencrantz and Ms. Irby: You two are rockstar librarians! Thanks for helping us learn new research tools.
· From Ms. Maaze to Mr. V., student Solomon S. and all of the World Culture Show performers: You all did an amazing job! It was really powerful to see such a great demonstration of pride in your cultures from all over the world! Thank you for sharing your joy!
· From a friend to Marina: You're an amazing friend that I'm so so lucky to have; I love you!!
· From Sidney to Safety Officer Sara Garcia: Thank you for being there for me when I needed a hand or if I needed anything in general. I can talk to her about anything and she will give me her opinion, her advice, and positive words. You are like a second mom to me and I love you and appreciate you lots!
· From Aashna to Isabel: Thanks for always being an amazing friend! You're there for anybody that needs it and you always listen to my problems and give thoughtful advice. Thanks for being such an awesome person inside and out.
· From AMPS juniors to Mr. Tobias: Thank you for being one of the best teachers in AMPS (possibly the world) and for always looking out for us and making sure we're on top of everything. We all see you stress over us and we know it's only cause you want the best for us and we want to thank you for that.
The Award Winning BHS Jazz Ensemble, along with special guests the BHS Chamber Orchestra, will be together in Concert, tonight at 7 p.m. in the Florence Schwimley Little Theatre. The concert features music for jazz band with strings. This year's Jazz Ensemble is second to none -- you won't want to miss this great concert! FREE to all BHS students and staff.
BART Tickets Have Arrived
Attention students! If you ordered discounted BART tickets at the beginning of November, they are now available for pick up at the Parent Resource Center, room D-224, during lunchtime today.
Morning Sports Report
On Saturday, Jacket sports fans have multiple opportunities to see Jacket athletes in action.
· The girls frosh/soph soccer team hosts Miramonte High School at Jacket Stadium at 9:00 am.
· The wrestling team will be hosting a tournament in the M Gym to kick off the season. Come watch our wrestlers and 100 others from around the Bay Area compete. Wrestling starts at 10:00 am and will go until 3:00 pm. Admission is only $1.
· The boys and girls basketball teams will play against Sacred Heart in the Donahue Gym. The first game starts at 11:00 am and the last game starts at 6:00 pm.
Saturday School Is Full
Saturday School for November 18 is full. The next Saturday School session is on December 9.
Summer Travel Opportunity
Have you applied to take a summer trip with CIEE, the Council on International Educational Exchange? Are you interested in improving your world language proficiency, developing global competency, making the world a better place AND getting a competitive edge on your college applications?
Application workshops for CIEE summer study abroad trips will take place on Tuesday, November 21st at lunch and after school at 3:45pm in room C231. Current applicants and new applicants are encouraged to attend.
Reminder: Thanksgiving Holidays
There is no school from Wednesday, November 22, through Friday, November 24.
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS