[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: 2017 Holiday Meal Volunteer Link is Now Open
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 15 14:51:13 PST 2017
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
BHS Holiday Meal on December 8-9, 2017
The 2017 Holiday Meal is an annual event where over 250 guests receive food and good cheer from 200+ Berkeley High volunteers. Although some of the guests typically are living without full-time housing, the doors are open to anyone who wants a heartwarming meal and good cheer.
We invite the entire BHS community to get involved in this service event in any or all of these ways:
1. Contribute Funds
2. Contribute Canned Food
3. Contribute Fresh Food (sign up online)
4. Volunteer (link is now open!!! scroll down)
1. We have an anonymous generous donor who will match your donation dollar for dollar to help us reach our goal of $4,000 until November 30. WOW!!! These funds offset staff costs, ingredients, supplies, decorations, and entertainment among other items. We are deeply appreciative of the many supporting donors who make the Holiday Meal possible. We accept CASH or CHECKS payable to "BHS ASB".
Checks can be dropped off to Mr. Villavicencio's mailbox or mailed directly to:
Berkeley High School
c/o Mr. Villavicencio BHS Holiday Meal
1980 Allston Way<https://maps.google.com/?q=1980+Allston+Way+Berkeley,+CA+94704&entry=gmail&source=g>
Berkeley, CA 94704<https://maps.google.com/?q=1980+Allston+Way+Berkeley,+CA+94704&entry=gmail&source=g>
2. We are also in need of donations of canned goods and fresh food. Bins are located in the BHS cafeteria and we are accepting the following items:
Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried)
Chili (Vegetarian, beef)
Soup (Chicken Noodle)
Pumpkin Pie filling
Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
Pasta, Macaroni Noodles
3. Fresh Food donations of pre-cooked turkey/ham, desserts, side dishes, or beverages will be tracked online. Please visit our SignUp Genius page to pledge a donation of fresh food to be brought on the day of the meal. Thank you!!!
4. Holiday Meal volunteers have a tremendous impact on the event whether they are setting up the space on the day before the meal or interacting with guests on the day of the event. We plan to have space for at least 300 volunteers this year. The volunteer link is now available for one of the shifts: setup, service, and clean up.
Please visit the BHS Leadership website to get more information about the event: http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=214
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS