[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin: Nov. 1-2

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 2 12:50:04 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact the Felicia Phillips feliciaphillips at berkeley.net

Here is a summary of the morning announcements for November 1 and November 2:

Introducing the BHS Chorus

In 1958, BHS had a student body of about 1000, and an a cappella choir featuring 70 students. Today we have a student body bordering on 3000 and an a cappella choir of ZERO. And ZERO chorus classes. All that changes now.

Come to room A-203 every Wednesday and Friday during 7th period, and reignite this gleeful tradition! We'll be singing everything from the Temptations to Taylor Swift, and it's gonna be 100% pure adrenaline and excitement. BE A PART OF HISTORY! No Pitch Perfect training required.

Morning Sports Report

In playoff action this week, the girls varsity volleyball team was defeated by Foothill High School. We want to congratulate the team for making it to the playoffs.

On Friday, November 3, the Athletics Department will release a list of students who are eligible to try out for winter sports, which include basketball, soccer and wrestling. Visit the BHS website, bhs.berkeleyschools.net, Athletics tab, for the list as well as the schedule for winter sports tryouts, which begin on November 6.

Also on Friday, our football teams travel to Castro Valley for the final game of the regular season, and if the varsity team wins, they will likely enter the playoffs. So let’s go Jackets!

Are you interested in boxing? The City of Berkeley’s Young Adult Project, or YAP, has a youth boxing program that is open everyone. Drop by YAP, at 1730 Oregon Street, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Drop-in workouts are only $5, or you can pay $15 per month for unlimited visits. Call 510-981-6671 for more information.

Volunteer Opportunity

Interested in merging your passion for soccer with a desire to benefit local refugee youth? Get involved as a Soccer Without Borders Ambassador or Summer Camp Volunteer. Contact cristy at soccerwithoutborders.org for more information.

2018 Yearbook

Yearbooks are on sale for $65.00 for a limited time! To order a yearbook online, go to this website: www.yearbookordercenter.com and enter school order number 16356. You can also drop by room C-327 during 7th period to purchase a yearbook with cash or a check made out to Berkeley High School.

Job Opportunities

Students: be sure to check your Email accounts for messages from our BHS Career Advisor, Mr. Dopman, about jobs and internships available in our community. Current opportunities include: the District Attorney’s Justice Academy, Exploring New Horizons Outdoor School, New Door Ventures, and Youth Spirit Artworks.

Attention, Seniors!

If you haven’t signed up for a one-on-one appointment with a college advisor, check your student Email account for a link to schedule your appointment. Don’t forget about the Cash for College workshop next Thursday, November 9, at 6:30 pm in the Library. You can complete your FAFSA on site as long as you have all of the necessary information.

No School on Friday, November 3

Students: The first of two 3-day weekends for you begins tomorrow. Friday, November 3, is a staff development day, so you don't have to come to school. Have a great weekend!

Felicia Phillips

Vice Principal

Berkeley High School

1980 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644-4569 phone

(510) 548-4221 fax

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.