[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Holiday Meal & Multicultural Show Auditions

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 24 16:22:24 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Upcoming Leadership Events: We Invite You to Get Involved! Holiday Meal or Multicultural Show

BHS Holiday Meal on December 8-9, 2017
The 2017 Holiday Meal is an awesome annual event where over 250 guests receive food and good cheer from 200+ Berkeley High volunteers. Although some of the guests typically are living without full-time housing, the doors are open to anyone who wants a heartwarming meal and entertainment.

We invite the entire BHS community to get involved in this service event in any or all of these 4 ways:

  1.  Join Planning Committee
  2.  Donate Funds
  3.  Donate Food http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4faea62da57-bhsholiday
  4.  Volunteer

1. Nishat Sheikh, Chief of Service, is building a planning committee for this large service event. The committee will be in charge of running all aspects of the Meal--from gathering volunteers, to advertising, to keeping track of how much food we have/need, etc.. Sign up on this Google Form to play a bigger role with this event. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBJ_azeXRxo5FWuhdIPif1UOVagDJOlmFEh9AwQr_DzkR1Eg/viewform?c=0&w=1

2. We are deeply appreciative of the many supporting donors who make the Holiday Meal possible. This year our goal is $4,000 in funds to pay for staff costs, ingredients, decorations, and entertainment among other items. We are accept CASH or CHECKS payable to "BHS ASB". Checks can be dropped off to Mr. Villavicencio's mailbox or mailed directly to:
Berkeley High School
c/o Mr. Villavicencio BHS Holiday Meal
1980 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704

3. We are also in need of donations of canned goods and fresh food. Bins are located in the BHS cafeteria and we are accepting the following items:

  *   Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried) Corn
  *   Chili (Vegetarian, beef)
  *   Soup (Chicken Noodle)
  *   Cranberry Sauce
  *   Pumpkin Pie filling
  *   Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
  *   Pasta, Macaroni Noodles

Fresh Food donations of pre-cooked turkey/ham, desserts, side dishes, or beverages will be tracked online. Please visit our SignUp Genius page to pledge a donation of fresh food to be brought on the day of the meal. Thank you!!!
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4faea62da57-bhsholiday

4. Holiday Meal volunteers have a tremendous impact on the event whether they are setting up the space on the day before the meal or interacting with guests on the day of the event. We plan to have space for at least 300 volunteers this year, so be on the lookout for the volunteer list when it gets posted in mid-November. Please visit the BHS Leadership website to get more information about the event: http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=214

2017 Multicultural Show Auditions
Multicultural Show assembly on November 16, 2017
Cultural Club Fair on November 14, 2017

If you would like to share a piece of your culture with the BHS community in the form of a story, a song, dance, recite spoken word or a speech, a video, or other, then consider auditioning for the 2017 Multicultural Show. Contact Solomon Chang, Commissioner of Multicultural Affairs, solomonchang at berkeley.net<solomonchang at berkeley.net%20> or Mr. V to sign up or for more information.

Auditions will take place on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at lunch in the East Gallery (across from cafeteria) and after school on Thursday.

P.S. If you are a student leader of cultural club, consider hosting a table at the club fair!!!

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/