[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Oct. 18 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 18 20:10:42 PDT 2017

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office by Felicia Phillips
feliciaphillips at berkeley.net

Good Morning Berkeley High! Here are the morning announcements for
Wednesday, October 18.

*Unity Week 2017*

It’s West Coast Wednesday, hosted by the Junior Class. We are celebrating
all that’s good about our spot on the map: culture, music, food and sports.
​Hope to see you in the courtyard for games and soaking in the good vibes
of fall time in the Bay Area. Check out the student vs. staff basketball in
the Jacket Gym today at lunch. Remember: no swimwear, and please cover
parts of your body that are normally covered at school.

Tomorrow is Decades Day, featuring four decades of amazing fashion.
Shoulder pads, flashy neon, big hair, acid wash jeans, gold jewelry, hi top
fades and hi top sneakers are among many totally radical choices. Freshmen
- 1960's, Sophomores - 1970's, Juniors - 1980's, Seniors - 1990's/2000's.
See you on the Theater steps at lunch for great music, games, and photos.
Also, come join the thousands of dancers at 11:25 in the courtyard for the
largest group Cha Cha Slide ever attempted.

And don’t forget that tomorrow there will be a special bell schedule that
features 45-minute periods and an early lunch at 11:00.

Finally, we​ ​highly encourage​ ​2nd​ ​period​ ​classes​ ​to​ ​continue​
​collecting​ ​canned​ ​soup,​ ​beans,​ ​vegetables​ ​or​ ​pasta​ ​for​
​the​ ​annual​ ​Holiday Meal.​ ​There​ ​will​ ​be​ ​prizes​ ​for​ ​the​
​top​ ​3​ ​classes​ ​for​ ​greatest​ ​participation​ ​in​ ​these​
​activities​, ​and​ ​a​ ​raffle​ ​for​ ​a​ ​fourth class​ ​to​ ​win.

*Morning Sports Report*

Yesterday the girls’ varsity and JV volleyball teams lost to Castro Valley
at home. They will continue their home stand tomorrow against Piedmont. The
girls’ varsity water polo team lost to Piedmont yesterday.

Today, Wednesday, between 5:00-7:00 in the Athletic Director's office,
Athletics staff will be available to answer questions about Winter sports
registration and to help anyone who needs to upload physicals to their
Family ID registration. Come to room J-207 for assistance.

Interested in wrestling for Berkeley High? Come to an information meeting
today at lunch in room H-112. See Mr. Nathan if you have any questions.

This Thursday come check out *Field Hockey Senior* night 4:00 game at the
Stadium v. Lick Wilmerding and *Volleyball Senior *night vs. Piedmont 6:45 game
in the Donahue Gym.  Senior recognition will take place before the games.

*Early Graduation*

Seniors and Juniors: If you are planning to graduate early, you MUST submit
a PETITION TO GRADUATE EARLY form to the Registrar's office. Forms are
located in the Registrar's Office (room D-173) and also in the Counseling
Center. This should be submitted to the Registrar's Office NO LATER than
Friday, October 27, 2017.

*Student Club Spotlight*

To all BHS students and staff that are Muslim or want to learn more about
Muslims and Islam: We at the Muslim Students' Association would love to
have you be a part of our community. The MSA works to promote a positive
school culture by providing a place for students to actively work towards
awareness and equality, while working to strengthen their Muslim identity
through community service and open discussion. All faiths are welcome to be
a part of the MSA (you don't have to be Muslim!)  Please join us at our
meetings, which are held every Thursday during lunch in room M202.

Chess players, don't forget that our BHS chess club meets this Thursday
after school in room M-110, right after the *Show of Unity*. Free cookies
and chess lessons for all every Thursday!

____________

There will be no morning announcements tomorrow (Thursday) because of the
special bell schedule. Have a great day, everyone, and we’ll see you
tomorrow at the *Show of Unity*!

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*