[BHS Etree] MATH: Fall Info Night, Oct. 10 (Tues) - Tonight

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 10 08:05:41 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Elisabeth Ross e at elisabethross.com or Zeph Landau zeph.landau at gmail.com

Want to know more about Math at Berkeley High?
Come to the Fall 2017 BHS Math Information Night for Math 1, Math 2 and Math 3
Date: 	Tuesday October 10 (Note: there was no school yesterday due to the Indigenous Peoples Day holiday.)
Time:	7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Where: 	BHS College and Career Center (adjacent to the library)

Parents and guardians, here’s an opportunity to learn from our math department leads and teachers about how math instruction is approached in the classroom.
It’s also a chance to celebrate the launch of the new Math website, which now offers instructional support and a video for every math module in the curriculum!

Check out the new website here!
https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/mathematicsdepartment

Topics will include:
	    -How our math teachers use the common core standards to approach teaching in their classrooms
	    -How you and your child can use the new online support instruction and videos, created by a BHS math teacher for our students, for each math module
	    -Research-based tips how your attitudes about math can help your child
	    -Insights into how math learning happens in your child's classroom
	    -Information on the free math tutoring offered every week on campus
	   -Thoughts from a UC Berkeley mathematician and BHS parent on the big picture of math beyond high school
	-The math course progression at BHS
	-How can the community help support teachers?

Light refreshments will be served.  We hope to see you there!

If you have questions, please contact parent volunteer mathematics liaisons Elisabeth Ross at e at elisabethross.com or Zeph Landau at zeph.landau at gmail.com

This event is sponsored in collaboration with the Berkeley High Math Department.
Math Department Lead Teachers: Nakia Baird and Kate Garfinkel
Vice-Principal: Felicia Phillips
https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/mathematicsdepartment

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/