[BHS Etree] MUSIC: Band and Orchestra Orientation, Aug. 24 (Thur), 12-2 pm

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Aug 21 21:34:17 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mary Dougherty marydougherty at berkeley.net<mailto:marydougherty at berkeley.net>

BHS Band and Orchestra Orientation, Thursday, August 24th, 12-2 pm, A-201

Mary, Karen and the entire Band and Orchestra want to be the first people to welcome you back to school for the year! We will meet Aug 24th to get BAO (Band And Orchestra) going:

Print your 2017-18 Band And Orchestra Syllabus (aka Things You Need To Know)

1º Chamber Orchestra and Winds<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rUqC0YPSXj0CErFLZlilsyOIFxqNRT-KfE_0XR8DA_c/edit?usp=sharing> or  0º Concert Band & Orchestra<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16OtBZXzdrBVEfdZ4rntRS6AzQIp1YG9tWUHYXVh4cEM/edit?usp=sharing> (including ADV 0º)

WHAT YOU WILL DO AT BAO Orientation

·  Check out an instrument (you’ll need a signed loan form, see below)

·  Receive your locker, music and pick up/pay for your t-shirt

·  Meet your band/orchestra mates and match up with your BaoBuddy™

·  Learn (or teach someone else) how to check your berkeley.net<http://berkeley.net/> email account.

·  Upperclassmen will take freshmen on a tour of the campus

·  Turn in some of your forms (Parent/Guardian Sheet)

WHAT TO BRING

o $20 instrument loan fee and a signed instrument loan form. Print one out here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OAbpNkl2JCaVZobDMwUDR0QzQ/view?usp=sharing> (aqui<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OAbpNkl2JCQnNXLUdLSV9aV1pzMmFpNm4wSVJLQkFPeGJV/view?usp=sharing>).

o T-Shirt money - $10. T-Shirts are a new design this year, and are a required item for some concerts, tour and all pep band events. Click here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSchcNmEgHu6u5b8iQ34Wj2NYQgECsDAv7wqufAritW3XsV4_w/viewform?usp=sf_link> to order the size you need.

o We have hoodies! (not required, but awesome) bring $40 if you’d like to buy one, or order one on the T-Shirt order form above.

o Upperclassmen -- Same shirt this year! (but new hoodie to match our T-Shirt logo...)

o signed Parent/Guardian Sheet (you can print here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khdAc0e_TGSd24Aqa6GfN8JHyI4KsKJLXYEWKjvGzNU/edit?usp=sharing>)

________________________________

☆☆ WAIT- ISN’T AUG 24th A BHS ORIENTATION DAY? ☆☆

Not to worry. 9th graders (and link crew) will be doing BHS orientation in the morning. If you are part of an afternoon orientation group just come right at 12 noon and we’ll hustle you through!

________________________________

☆☆ I WANT TO BE PART OF THE ORIENTATION PLANNING COMMITTEE ☆☆

(and earn my very first Service Project before school has even started!)

Come on Wednesday, Aug 23, 12-2 pm in A201 and come early to set up Thursday, Aug 24, 10 am for the Orientation. Sign up here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTRcTsC6DMuLouMK8zRH3FFdH0WjEqQ-pWV2giWrxPhfRcCQ/viewform?usp=sf_link> or email Mary marydougherty at berkeley.net<mailto:marydougherty at berkeley.net> with your interest.

________________________________

☆☆ A RECAP OF THE FORMS TO FILL OUT ONLINE ☆☆

·  Musician Info form (fill it out here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCwojqD-G8W-1VHd8g8B-nbJPRhpN9T7I5wOJTdgdlb0s1LA/viewform?usp=sf_link> for a service project!) Hint: access it through your school email. Not sure how? Get help here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/187NUSYgx0e0XdiBSivYIBQNwri_iooMopFPU5Ui8I04/edit?usp=sharing>

·  T-Shirt size order form. Click here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSchcNmEgHu6u5b8iQ34Wj2NYQgECsDAv7wqufAritW3XsV4_w/viewform?usp=sf_link> for a t-shirt.

·  Orientation Planning Committee (fun times & a service project...). Sign up here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTRcTsC6DMuLouMK8zRH3FFdH0WjEqQ-pWV2giWrxPhfRcCQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>.

·  Parent Guardian Form (download here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khdAc0e_TGSd24Aqa6GfN8JHyI4KsKJLXYEWKjvGzNU/edit?usp=sharing> print & sign for a service project)

·  Instrument loan form (download here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OAbpNkl2JCaVZobDMwUDR0QzQ/view?usp=sharing> (aqui<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OAbpNkl2JCQnNXLUdLSV9aV1pzMmFpNm4wSVJLQkFPeGJV/view?usp=sharing>) to print, sign & bring on Aug 24th)

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/