[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Jun. 9 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jun 9 15:23:40 PDT 2017

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia Phillips
feliciaphillips at berkeley.net*.* For those of you who do not hear the
announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to
read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of
Powerschool.

*We start the morning announcements with Positive Shout Outs*

Saurabh Joshi -- Thank you for making my freshman year of high school
awesome and guiding me though this time in my life. You're the best, and
I'm going to miss you.

Mr. Baird -- Thank you so much Papa Baird! We appreciate all the work you
have done this year. We have learned so much and will miss you a lot next
year. Keep it mathematical! Your math children, 5, 6, and 2, 3.

All BHS teachers who wrote letters of recommendation -- Thank you for
helping us get into colleges and promoting success in our futures!

Señor Lobo  -- I personally and I'm sure most of our period two class as
well, are very grateful to you for putting in all the time to teach us a
new language no matter how difficult we can be sometimes.

Rebeca Torres -- Thanks for always having an optimistic attitude, you are
an inspiration to those around you!

Angie Rodriguez  -- Angie is one of the greatest supporters of her peers
and social justice causes. The level of care and attentive listening she
extends to anyone she encounters makes Angie a critical pillar in the
community. Angie will go on to change lives, and Berkeley High is a better
place because she was here.

Ximena Miranda-Diaz --  I want to shoutout Ximena for being strong this
year despite all that has occurred in the world that might have affected
her. She was able to persevere in school and have a positive mindset. She
has also been an amazing, welcoming, and accepting friend to me and I thank
her for that.

Ms. Gonzalez  -- I want to shout out Ms. Gonzalez for always being such a
good teacher and parent to all her amps kids! Her hard work never goes
unnoticed and I just want her to know that I appreciate everything that she
does for her kids! #Ampsfam

APES and AP Chemistry Teachers and students  -- Thank you for your hard
work putting on a phenomenal Science Symposium last night to showcase the
learning of APES and AP Chem students!

APES and AP Chemistry Teachers and students --  Thank you for your hard
work putting on a phenomenal Science Symposium last night to showcase the
learning of APES and AP Chem students!

Officer McGee -- Thank you so much for everything you did and are doing not
just for Berkeley high but for whole society. We are proud of you. Your
services means alot to us.

Diane Colborn; Director of SPED Services at BHS --  Thank you for your
years of service, supporting both students and teachers; working to lift up
those in the GREATEST NEED OF SUPPORT! You will be SORELY missed!

SDAIE (Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English) English class --
I want to shout out the whole SDAIE English class because you've all
produced very thoughtful and positive end of the year speeches. Your
appreciation for one another and for all the Newcomer/ELD staff
demonstrates your reflective character. It's been inspiring to work with
you this year! Shelter

*Medical Equipment Drive*

Attention students: Did you borrow crutches or a brace from the athletic
training room this school year? Do you have crutches, braces and other
medical equipment taking up space and you don’t know what to do with them?
There is a box with Mrs. Jandra in the front office where you can return or
donate these items for the Berkeley High School Athletic Training Program.
This box will be in the front office through the last day of finals. Thank
you!

________________________________

*BHS Jazz Ensemble, Friday, June 9th*

Come hear the BHS Jazz Ensemble in their last concert of the year.
 admission is FREE.  7 p.m. TONIGHT in the little theatre.

_________________________________

*Summer Jobs*

Looking for last minute summer jobs! Check your student Email account for
messages from Mr. Dopman, our Career Advisor, with information on newly
announced jobs.

________________________________

*Student Activities for 2017-2018*

Hello rising Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors: As you move to finish this
school year strong, student Leadership Office about activities and ways you
can get (more) involved next year. ASB Leadership* will work to bring back
many of the great events we held this year and sprinkle in a few more while
working with other student leadership teams and student clubs on campus.

For 2017-18, look out for two dances in addition to prom, the return of
Unity Week, a more timely spring spirit week, a fall cultural performance,
service events like the Holiday Meal, club fairs, movie nights, open mics,
and lunchtime activities like intramural sports.

Please also strongly consider purchasing an ASB Sticker as a way to both
get some cool items like a free yearbook and to support the awesome array
of events listed above. Feel free to speak with any of the members of the
2017-18 Leadership Team; their names are listed online at
berkeleyschools.net/leadership

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*