[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Dismissal Update, Apr. 27 (Thu)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Apr 27 14:30:09 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email.

Good afternoon, Berkeley High Families,

We will dismiss at 3:30, though the few 7th period classes that we have on
campus will meet.  We are also not canceling our sports activities for this
afternoon.

However, as numbers of people in the park have grown, and since we expect
significant traffic congestion in the Allston Way area, we are taking the
following precautions for dismissal:

   - We will only dismiss students from the Milvia and MLK sides of our
   campus
   - We will encourage students to walk southbound on Milvia and MLK toward
   the BTA campus at Derby and MLK.  Staff at BTA are ready and waiting to
   receive BHS students as they await pick up, but pick up could occur at any
   point along those routes that is safe.
   - We have communicated with AC transit about our dismissal plans and
   they are aware of where students will be walking to catch buses this
   afternoon

We will once again encourage students via the PA system not to go to the
park, where numbers have continued to grow and speeches have begun.
However, our ability to control what students do after dismissal will be
greatly diminished, so please continue to be in touch with your student
about staying safe after school.

Thank you for your attention to these messages throughout the day,

Erin Schweng

Principal, Berkeley High School

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)  If that does not
work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of
each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*