[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Building Positive School Culture: Recommend Students for Leadership & Link Crew

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Apr 18 17:20:37 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John
Villavicenciojohnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Hello BHS Community,

As we think more about the structure and objectives of BHS in the next
few years, we will undoubtedly discuss the direction of our culture at
BHS. I definitely hope to have those conversations with adult
stakeholders on campus. I am also asking for your help to identify
students who will play a huge role in building culture for this upcoming
school year. We are recruiting students to join LEADERSHIP or LINK CREW
as one way to be positive influencers at BHS.

If you know any students who fit these descriptions, feel free to
download an application for them or to send Mr. V their name. Thanks!

The */ideal leadership student/* is a student of any grade (9th-11th)
who is a spirited, enjoys being a part of team, and is eager to get more
involved in school wide activities and campaigns.***

The */ideal Link Leader/* is a current 10th/11th grader who is
enthusiastic, has a willingness to lead others, is accountable, and
above all, is a kind person. The Link Leaders will support freshmen
during orientation and throughout the school year.

If you are a STAFF MEMBER interested in supporting FRESHMEN ORIENTATION
or Link Crew throughout the year, please send me a message. Here is more
info about Link Crew
<http://www.boomerangproject.com/high-school-transition>.

Applications and more information is available in the leadership office
in the cafeteria or online

http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/

ASB Leadership App's are due APRIL 24

LINK CREW App's are due MAY 1

***There are also elected or appointed leadership positions with SLC
leadership teams, City of Berkeley Youth Commission, among other
opportunities on campus. Contact those groups or organizations directly
for more information.

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5YvSg5voDijSDBCSHdlZFdKUWs&revid=0B5YvSg5voDijMmtHMmdMNlNiOThqdHpOY0dIa0tUeHJ6T3Y4PQU-N-I-T-Y,
WE FLY HIGHER AS A
TEAM!!!https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5YvSg5voDijSDBCSHdlZFdKUWs&revid=0B5YvSg5voDijMmtHMmdMNlNiOThqdHpOY0dIa0tUeHJ6T3Y4PQ

John Villavicencio
Director of Student Activities
Berkeley High School

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644 - 8990 <tel:%28510%29%20644-8990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

@Jacket__Pride <https://twitter.com/jacket__pride>

berkeleyschools.net/leadership/ <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

www.inventinghiphop.com <http://www.inventinghiphop.com>

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No
Discriminación:http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy