[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: How You Can Support "Art, Activism, & Culture Week" 2017 at BHS

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 31 09:27:18 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactMr. V,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Dear BHS Community,

We are looking forward to hosting our annual week of activities to share
in the many cultures at BHS. This year's theme is "Art, Activism, &
Culture". We will celebrate the culture and diversity of the BHS
community through art and activism. We plan to have lunchtime activities
such as a student club fair and art show, as well as a show of
performances to close out the week. We are open to hosting all student
groups and organizations that want to get involved and also have a few
specific requests for support.

​ Art, Activism, and Culture week will take place April 24 - 28, 2017.​

*How you can support Art, Activism & Culture Week *

  * *Potluck on Friday:*We would like to have a meal on Friday at lunch
    to build community through food and celebrate all of the
    participants in the week.​ ​The food could be a specific dish from
    a​ny​ part of the world ​that could feed from 4 - 10 people. Please
    contact Mr. V if you would like to share a dish!​ ​We are expecting
    a group of 60-70 hungry students.
  * *Club Fair:*We are also open to hosting community organizations that
    represent "Art, Activism, and Culture" during a lunchtime club fair
    tentatively scheduled for April 27. ​If you are a student club
    leader and would like to host a table at the club fair, please
    contact Simelia Rogers and Mr. V​.
  * *Art Show:*If you are an artist who would like to display images of
    art, activism and/or culture, please contact Melissa Gross, Simelia
    Rogers and Mr. V. We are collecting art​ now​ for a one-week display
    on campus.
  * *Art, Activism & Culture Show: *If you are or know a student
    interested in performing at the April 28th show, please have them
    contact Simelia Rogers and Mr. V. We are hosting auditions for
    performers (song, dance, storytelling, etc.) this week and after
    spring break. Audition sign-ups are outside of the leadership office
    in the cafeteria. Eventually we will send out an invitation for
    teachers to bring their classes to the show.

If you have any questions or want to get more involved in Art, Activism,
& Culture Week, please contact Simelia, Melissa and/or Mr. V.

Thank you for your support!

Co-Commissioners of Multicultural Affairs​

​Simelia Rogers & Melissa Gross
simeliarogers at students.berkeley.net
<mailto:simeliarogers at students.berkeley.net>

melissagross at students.berkeley.net
<mailto:melissagross at students.berkeley.net>

​with support from

MSA (Muslim Student Association)

​& CLUV (Chicano Latino United Voices)

​Imanne C., Aamna Ahmed & Marielena Rodas​

​Mr. V, Director of Student Activities
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net> ​

/​*flyer by Enrique Baeza​ (attached) /

--

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5YvSg5voDijSDBCSHdlZFdKUWs&revid=0B5YvSg5voDijMmtHMmdMNlNiOThqdHpOY0dIa0tUeHJ6T3Y4PQU-N-I-T-Y,
WE FLY HIGHER AS A

John Villavicencio
Director of Student Activities
Berkeley High School

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644 - 8990 <tel:%28510%29%20644-8990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

@Jacket__Pride <https://twitter.com/jacket__pride>

berkeleyschools.net/leadership/ <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

www.inventinghiphop.com <http://www.inventinghiphop.com>

____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement /la Política de No
Discriminación:http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<mailto:bhs-leave at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.)If that does not work, you can use the following
URL, either included at the very bottom of each individual message, or
by typing it in the address bar
yourself:http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-join at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: