[BHS Etree] PROM: Donation Requests

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Mar 19 21:49:30 PDT 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Angela Fike angelafike at icloud.com<mailto:angelafike at icloud.com>

Approximately 400 out of the 750 students planning to attend this year's prom cannot afford the current ticket price. We are reaching out to our community for help in raising around $3,000 in the coming weeks to lower the ticket price and make prom accessible to all students. We have a responsibility to make this special event available to everyone in our diverse student body, regardless of socioeconomic status. We would greatly appreciate any donation you would be willing to make!

Here is the donation link:
https://www.gofundme.com/make-prom-2017-accessible-to-all

With love and gratitude,

BHS Senior Class Leadership.

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Berkeley High Best Buddies bestbuddiesberkeleyhigh at gmail.com<mailto:bestbuddiesberkeleyhigh at gmail.com>

Dear Berkeley Community,

We need your help to send our seniors in Best Buddies -students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDDs) - to prom!

Right now, they can't go. The thought that our friends with IDDs won't be able to attend prom, and get the same experience as those without IDDs is saddening, and hopefully won't happen.

We're planning to send 16 people total, and will need a bus that is wheelchair accessible, which costs a great deal. Moreover, due to the high cost of prom, some seniors with IDDs may not be able to afford to pay for tickets, clothing, and transportation.

At BHS the special education program is very distant from other parts of the school, and bridging this gap is of the utmost importance. A great way to do this is through school-wide activities; prom provides an amazing opportunity and time for seniors from every part of BHS to come together, including those with IDDs. For many people, prom is a highlight of high school, this is no different for seniors with IDDs.

Please help us meet our goals and get us to prom! We want to provide the best experience ever for our friends and ensure that cost is not the determining factor in them going. Donate what you can, anything will help.

https://www.gofundme.com/bbberkeley

Thank you for your support!

Best Buddies Leadership/Development Team

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-leave at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-leave at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here