[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: Volunteer Opportunity at Lawrence Hall of Science
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Mar 18 18:57:07 PDT 2017
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact The Lawrence Hall of Science
The Lawrence Hall of Science<http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/> is currently recruiting youth for our Summer Camps,<http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/visit/camps_and_classes/summer_camps> Engineering Lab<http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/visit/exhibits/design_build_test/ingenuity_lab>, and Floor and Special Events programs.
Teens have the opportunity to:
· Fulfill community service requirements
· Develop job skills that include public speaking and customer service, self-confidence and leadership, adaptability and flexibility to manage multiple assignments under changing conditions, and the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
· Learn about communicating science to the public
· Find a safe way and a place to socialize with other youth and build interpersonal relationships
· Enjoy the benefits of experiencing a work-related environment with Hall staff, UC Berkeley college interns, and other teens from all around the Bay Area.
Ideal candidates must be entering 9th grade or above and be able to attend the Mandatory Teen Orientation on Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 10:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Youth can apply HERE<http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/get_involved/join_our_team/volunteer>. Application deadline is March 27.
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-leave at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-leave at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself: http://email@example.com
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-join at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS