[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Mar. 10 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Mar 11 07:55:41 PST 2017

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia
Phillips *feliciaphillips at berkeley.net
<feliciaphillips at berkeley.net>**.* For those of you who do not hear the
announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to
read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of
Powerschool.

*Morning Sports Report*

In recent sports action, the girls varsity lacrosse team defeated Branson.

Here is the schedule for Jacket sports games this weekend:

the JV baseball team hosts Hayward this afternoon at Moellering Field while
the varsity baseball team travels to Hayward to play

Tomorrow the baseball teams play against California High; the freshman JV
games are at home and the varsity team is on the road

the boys varsity lacrosse teams travels to Lincoln High School today, and
the girls lacrosse teams host Christian Brothers at Jacket Stadium

the varsity softball takes on San Rafael today at home and travels tomorrow
to Granada

Today at lunch, all students interested in playing football should report
to the M Gym for sign ups for all teams.
________________________________

* Auditions for Improv Group*
If you are interested in trying out for the elite performing
Improvisational unit of BHS, come to the Drama room at lunch today. We are
C.R.I.N.G.E, which stands for Cold Room Improvisational Notorious Group
Ensemble. See you in room A-203- Viva CRINGE! Mazel tov!
________________________________

* Saturday School*

Saturday School is coming up this Saturday, March 11th. If you have
unverified (UNV) absences that need to be cleared from the month of
February, come to the Attendance Office to sign up before school, during
lunch, or after school. Up to 30 students can sign up on a first come,
first serve basis.

Saturday School can clear up to 6 UNV absences.

Saturday School will meet in room H-207 from 9 am – 12 pm; students must
enter through the door at Martin Luther King. You must have a Saturday
School contract, signed by your parent/guardian, in order to attend.
________________________________

*Parent Resource Center*

The City of Berkeley and the school district are hosting a community forum
entitled “Mixed Race: Which Box do I Check?” on Saturday, March 11, 10am to
1:30pm, in the BHS Library. As we reach the cutting edge of social and
demographic change in the United States this forum will explore the
dynamics of intersectionality of Mixed Race people in the face of changing
cultural shifts in this country. Please feel free to attend; all are
welcome. Check the PowerSchool Student Daily Bulletin for a link to the
flyer for this event.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*