[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Mar. 8 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 8 13:09:56 PST 2017

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia
Phillips *feliciaphillips at berkeley.net
<feliciaphillips at berkeley.net>**.* For those of you who do not hear the
announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to
read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of
Powerschool.

*International Women's Day*

>From the BHS administrative team: We want to take a moment to acknowledge,
as your 85% female administrative team, today's commemoration of
International Women's Day, also known as Day Without A Woman, the actions
that will take place nationally and globally to recognize the vital
contributions that women make every single day -- in all of the places that
they are.

While some schools are closing, especially on the east coast, we are here,
working to serve our students and staff, and we wanted to let you know
that. It is a challenge to balance our own strong feelings about how things
stand in our nation right now with our equally strong call to be here and
present for all of you. We have decided that it is best for us to be
present, but we wanted you to know that we acknowledge the day.
________________________________

*Morning Sports Report*
The boys varsity lacrosse team defeated Terra Linda yesterday at home, the
girls varsity lacrosse team defeated Oakland Tech on the road, and our boys
volleyball team beat Arroyo.

Tonight our girls basketball team hosts Los Altos at 7:00 in the Donahue
Gym.
________________________________

*Ecology Center Visits BHS Today*

Youth Speaks Bigger Picture and the Ecology Center will be tabling at lunch
near the A gate today with information about employment opportunities,
workshops and staying healthy and hydrated throughout the day. We will be
serving up fruit-infused water and free fresh fruit. Come by and see us!
________________________________

*C400 Sound Studio*

Attention all lyricists, poets, rappers, vocalists, musicians, spoken word
artists, etc: this public service announcement contains information that
could change your life! The sound studio is room C-400 is looking for you.
For more information, view the video by checking your student Email account
or the PowerSchool Student Daily Bulletin. Stop by C400 after school Monday
through Thursday to reserve the studio.
________________________________

*AP Exam Registration Is Now Open*

Students currently enrolled in AP classes who intend to take the AP exams
in May, 2017, can now register for the exams online The fee per exam is
$110, but students enrolled in the free and reduced lunch program pay $5
per exam. Register early, because after March 18, there is an additional
late fee of $15 per exam. Registration ends on March 20. The online website
is www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/050290. Payment may be made by credit or
debit card.
________________________________

*Spring Tutoring Schedules*

Students: This is a reminder about the Spring schedule for after school
tutoring. Please use this resource to receive extra support from BHS
teachers in all subjects! You can find the schedule by going to the BHS
homepage and click on "Tutoring Schedule" on the left side.

Also, as usual, the College and Career Center is open from 3:30 - 6:00,
Monday-Thursday. Use the CCC to catch up on schoolwork, receive tutoring
from college students in all subjects, fulfill Math hour requirements, and
clear unverified absences.
________________________________

*Join the Jacket Newspaper Staff for 2017-2018*

Join the Jacket newspaper! We are currently looking to hire new staff for
the Business and Copy-Editing Teams. Apps for both positions can be found
on berkeleyhighjacket.com/applications and are due on March 17th.
________________________________

*College & Career Week Continues*

Today we welcome back BHS alumni back to campus for today’s career panels
in the College & Career Center! Today there will also be special
presentations about careers in the trades and in information technology.

Tomorrow we want everyone to rep their favorite institution of higher
learning by wearing a college T-shirt or sweatshirt

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)  If that does not
work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of
each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*