[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, March 3 (Fri.)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 3 12:24:41 PST 2017

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia
Phillips *_feliciaphillips at berkeley.net
<mailto:feliciaphillips at berkeley.net>_*_._ For those of you who do not
hear the announcements where you are during second period, or if you
would like to read them each day, you can find them in the
Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

*Morning Sports Report
*
In recent sports action, the girls varsity softball team lost to Terra
Linda, and the boys varsity and JV baseball teams beat Oakland Tech.
Today the softball team hosts Head-Royce, and the baseball team hosts
Newark Memorial.
________________________________

*Registration for Advanced Placement Exams*

Students currently enrolled in AP classes who intend to take the AP
exams in May, 2017, can register for the exams online beginning Monday,
March 6 at 8 a.m. Registration closes Monday, March 20 at 11:59 p.m. The
fee per exam is $110. Students enrolled in the free/reduced lunch
programs pay $5 per exam. Participation in the lunch program must be
verified by picking up a form in the College and Career Center, having
it signed by the cafeteria manager, and delivering the signed form to
Ms. Williams in C106. Register early as from March 18 through March 20,
there is an additional late fee of $15 per exam. The online website is
www.TotalRegistration.com/AP/050290
<http://www.TotalRegistration.com/AP/050290>. Payment may be made by
credit or debit card.
________________________________
*
Protecting Transgender Students*

Below is a joint statement from BUSD School Board President Ty Alper and
BUSD Superintendent Dr. Donald Evans:

Last week the President issued an order rescinding federal protections
for transgender students in our nation’s public schools. Our community
should know that this order will have no impact in the Berkeley Unified
School District (BUSD). We are committed to protecting all students,
including transgender students, from discrimination, bullying, and
harassment. In 2013, our School Board passed one of the first policies
in the state to protect transgender students. Moreover, transgender
students in California have the right under state law to use restrooms
and locker rooms that align with their gender identity. State law also
expressly prohibits discrimination in schools on the basis of gender
identity.

We will protect and provide equal rights to our transgender students
whether federal law requires us to or not. We are deeply concerned about
the students in other states who may not be protected, but the federal
order will have no effect in the Berkeley public schools.

Here at Berkeley High School, we have identified several locations for
non-gendered bathrooms and area awaiting installation of proper signage.
We will update everyone as soon as these bathrooms are available to
students.
________________________________
*
Order Your 2017 Yearbook Today!*

Beat the crowd and order your Yearbook now! Drop by room C-327 during
7th period and pay $80 (cash and checks made out to BHS Yearbook
accepted). If you qualify for free or reduced lunch, the cost is only
$65. The book sold out last year, and we are only ordering a limited
number. To order your yearbook online, visit www.yearbookordercenter.com
<http://www.yearbookordercenter.com> and enter order number 16356. You
can also order senior pages or ads celebrating their students via the
same website. Don't delay; order today!

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No
Discriminación:http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(/T//he request must be sent from the email address that
is subscribed to the list/.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*