[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Thank You to Soccer Fans!

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Feb 27 09:43:51 PST 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactthe Athletic Director,
athleticdirector at berkeley.net <mailto:athleticdirector at berkeley.net>

Dear Berkeley High Community

By now you have received news of the Berkeley High Boys Soccer win
Saturday and the claiming of the NCS Division 1 Champion title.  They
have been celebrated and pictures, tweets and video have circulated, but
there is one last piece that must be said.

*Berkeley High FANS are AMAZING!!! *

“What the players, coaches and spectators won’t forget is the scene on
the field after the match when senior Roin Flynn was mobbed by what must
have seemed like the entire city of Berkeley after the penalty kick
victory.” wrote Matt Smith on Prep2Prep.

As Athletic Director, I would like to thank everyone who has sat in the
rain, and come to home and away games all season long, whether you are
family or friend of the players.  Your presence is so important to this
moment.

The fans who came to the NCS games - home and away - THANK YOU.

Saturday’s game in Dublin: fans, we are impressed by your enthusiasm,
your red and gold attire, your cheers (/always positive/), your
admiration and joy for the players and your sheer happiness sharing in
the celebration on the field.

Berkeley Soccer Captain Max Peterson said, "The support was unreal. The
atmosphere was crazy. The fans gave us some serious energy and this
title is just as much the fans’ as it is the team's."

Soccer fans from other schools noted the class with which our players,
coaches and fans conducted themselves.

Comments on a high school soccer blog included:

/“Witnessing the game I must say, the raw emotion and pure euphoria
Berkeley’s players and fans showed when they won the game was
unbelievable and beautiful to witness”/

/“Tonight, I don’t think I have ever seen a scene like that.  Roin Flynn
couldn’t even get out of his goal.  He was mobbed by hundreds of people.”/

/“Never been more proud to be a Jacket. Tonight was truly something
special for the team as well as the Berkeley High community”/

If you want more on the game, check out these links

Story:

http://prep2prep.com/story.aspx?ArticleID=18380

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/25/ncs-soccer-berkeley-edges-de-la-salle-on-penalty-kicks/

Video of the game highlights:

https://youtu.be/U2o8Equm7aY

Go Jackets - Britta Fjelstrom, BHS Athletic Director

--

*Athletic Director*

510-644-8723

*http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/athletics*

*@BHSjacketSports*

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement /la Política de No
Discriminación:http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<mailto:bhs-leave at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.)If that does not work, you can use the following
URL, either included at the very bottom of each individual message, or
by typing it in the address bar
yourself:http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-join at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: