[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Feb. 10, 2017

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Feb 10 13:41:42 PST 2017

Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, February 10, 2017.
Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia
Phillips *feliciaphillips at berkeley.net
<mailto:feliciaphillips at berkeley.net>*. For those of you who do not hear
the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would
like to read them each day, you can find them in the
Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.**

*2017-2018 Leadership Applications*

Eager beavers don't be late
Complete an app before your chance deflate
Passion, Purpose, Pride: the Hive stay lit
My fellow Yellow Jackets, join Leadership!

Applications are available online or in the Leadership office in the
cafeteria. The deadline is Thursday, February 16, for ASB President,
Chief of Service, Chief of Publicity and other elected positions.
_______________________________

*National Society of Black Engineers Jr. Chapter
*
Announcement: NSBE members and interested students: If you were not one
of the 21 members that attended the National Society of Black Engineers
(NSBE) Jr. Chapter on Thursday, there is a 2nd meeting today at lunch in
G203. Pizza will be provided.
________________________________

*Help Us Find a Signoff for Principal Schweng
*
As our new principal, Ms. Schweng continues the tradition of reading the
announcements and positive shout outs every Friday morning, and she
needs your help! She needs a signoff to share at the end of the
announcements, and she's looking for ideas. Do you have one? Then click
here
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9f68OImz7JAWdKLSEm9XbC0XDrDhJqoIY14ii2EVYNpK_pg/viewform> to
share it as part of our Positive Shout Outs.
________________________________

*Morning Sports Report
*
Several Jacket teams were victorious this week. The boys varsity soccer
team defeated Castro Valley and San Leandro, the girls varsity and JV
basketball teams beat Alameda, and the girls varsity and JV soccer team
won their matches against Castro Valley.

While our boys basketball teams travel to Piedmont High School to play,
the Piedmont Highlanders come to The Hive to take on our girls
basketball teams in the Donahue Gym and our girls soccer teams in Jacket
Stadium. It's Senior Night for the girls varsity soccer team, so we want
everyone to come out and support their seven seniors during the
recognition ceremony at 5:40 and the game itself, which starts at 6:00.
Admission is only $2 for students.

Finally, the boys and girls freshman soccer teams play on Saturday at
Jacket Stadium, and admission is free.

Come out to support our Jacket athletes!
_______________________________

*Health Center Announcement
*
The folks at the Health Center want to let you know that we will be
closed on Monday, February 13, for a City of Berkeley holiday. We will
resume services on the 14th just in time for Valentine's Day.
________________________________

*Sock & Umbrella Drive for Homeless Students
*
There are 124 homeless students at BHS. The BIHS Junior Class Leadership
Team is sponsoring a sock, umbrella, and winter gear drive for these
students. Homeless means that these students have no home, are living in
homeless shelter, couch surfing, on the streets, or move between houses
frequently. This cold, especially rainy winter has been hard for these
students, and we would like your help in gathering these materials for
them so that we may support students that have a hard enough time
already in their pursuit of an education. We are accepting donations of
socks, umbrellas, or winter gear through next Wednesday, February 15.
________________________________

*BHS Connect App
*
the BHS Connect App v1.0 is now available in the Apple and Google Play
Stores. Find it by searching for "Berkeley High". Install the App for
Daily Announcements and Campus Events: Sports, College & Career Center,
Performing Arts, more...!!
________________________________

*Vagina Monologues
*
This is your last chance to support your friends at the Vagina
Monologues! The show starts at 7PM on Friday and Saturday night in the
Little Theater. Tickets are $10-12 sliding scale and all the proceeds go
to organizations fighting to end violence against women and girls.
________________________________

*Talent Show Tryouts*

Got talent? Audition for Berkeley High's annual Talent Show! Sign up at
the Leadership Office. Audition dates will be February 13 through
February 24. The show is March 17 so we hope to see you on stage or in
the audience.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No
Discriminación:http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy