[BHS Etree] BUSD: Appointment of New Berkeley High Principal Erin Schweng

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Feb 8 19:31:31 PST 2017

Dear Berkeley High Students, Parents, Staff, and Community Members,

We are writing with an announcement about the leadership of Berkeley High School.

Sam Pasarow has resigned as Principal of Berkeley High, effective today. We wish Mr. Pasarow well and thank him for his service to the Berkeley High community. We also wish to express our appreciation to all of the staff and administration at Berkeley High for their hard work during the last two months of leadership changes.

The School Board tonight announced the appointment of Erin Schweng as Principal of Berkeley High School. Ms. Schweng has served Berkeley's schools for 19 years and brings a wealth of experience and instructional leadership to Berkeley High School.

Ms. Schweng began her work in BUSD in 1998 as a teacher at Rosa Parks Elementary and later served as a District Math Coach. She then joined the staff at Longfellow Middle School where she taught mathematics and AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), a college readiness class for students historically underrepresented in higher education.

After a two-year stint in the Evaluation and Assessment Department, Ms. Schweng joined the BHS administrative team in January of 2014 as a Vice Principal. In June of 2016 she was promoted to the position of Executive Vice Principal. She has been serving as the Acting Principal of Berkeley High since December.

Ms. Schweng is a Berkeley resident whose career reflects a long and continuing commitment to the students of Berkeley's schools. We are confident as Principal of Berkeley High School she brings positive and productive leadership to students, staff, and families at BHS. We hope you will join us in thanking her for her service to our students and welcoming her to this role.

Sincerely,

Donald Evans and Pasquale Scuderi

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-leave at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-leave at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here