[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Jan. 6 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 6 13:55:46 PST 2017

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia Phillips,
feliciaphillips at berkeley.net. For those of you who do not hear the
announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to
read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of
Powerschool.

*Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, January 6, 2017*

Good Morning Berkeley High School,

This is Felicia Phillips with your daily announcements.

We want to remind you that during Mr. Pasarow's absence, Ms. Schweng, our
Executive Vice Principal, is serving as the interim administrator. We want
to emphasize that everything on campus should continue as normal, and we
expect to be able to share an update with you later this month. We
appreciate students and staff for continuing the important work of teaching
and learning during this time, and once again, we'll provide more
information as we have it.

We want to give a special shout out to Mr. Miller. As some of you know, he
fell ill in the library yesterday morning, but we are happy to report that
he is at home and is doing fine. We appreciate everyone who assisted him in
the library.
________________________________
*Attendance Reminder*
Starting today, families will receive up to TWO attendance phone calls each
day for absences. Students: we will now contact your family right after
lunch if you miss class before lunch. The first call will come at 12:45pm
for absences during periods 0-3. The second call will come as it does now
at 5:45pm for all periods 0-7.
________________________________
*Jacket Gear Fundraiser*
During tonight's boys basketball games, the Freshman Leadership Team will
be selling Jacket gear. The freshman game starts at 4:00, the JV game
starts at 5:30 and the varsity game starts at 7:30. Jacket water bottles
are $1, T-shirts are $5 and hats/visors are $15. Come out and support the
basketball program and the Class of 2020!
________________________________
*2017-2018 Student Leadership Opportunities*
Are you a leader, true believer in Jacket pride?
Got spirit out the wazoo, always reppin' Berkeley High?
Join Leadership, bring your voice and ideas to the team!
Applications available now, breathe life to your dreams!
2017-2018 positions include: ASB President, ASB Vice President, School
Board representative, Chief of Service, Chief of Publicity, among others.
Visit the Leadership Office in the cafeteria during lunch or after school
for more information.
________________________________
*NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 16*
All Berkeley Unified School District campuses and offices will be closed on
Monday, January 16, in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Federal
holiday.
________________________________
*PE Waivers*
If you submitted the first part of the Fall PE Waiver in September, you
must turn in the completed Fall 2016 PE Waiver (yellow copy) to the
Attendance Office no later than Friday, January 13, 2016 at 4:00 pm. The
waiver must be signed by the same coach who wrote your letter at the
beginning of the Fall Semester. No exceptions to this deadline will be
granted.

The Attendance Office will begin distributing Spring 2017 PE Waiver forms
on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. The first portion of the waiver process is
due back to the Attendance Office no later than Friday, February 3, 2017.
No exceptions will be made for missed deadlines.

If you have questions, please email pewaivers at berkeley.net
________________________________
*Saturday School*

The first Saturday School of 2017 is coming up this Saturday, January 7th.
If you have unverified (UNV) absences that need to be cleared from the
month of December, come to the Attendance Office to sign up before school,
during lunch, or after school. Up to 30 students can sign up on a first
come, first served basis.

Saturday School can clear up to 6 UNV period absences.
Saturday School will meet in room H-207 from 9 am – 12 pm. Students may
bring a snack with them. You must bring the Saturday School contract,
signed by your parents, to the Saturday School teacher.
________________________________
*Attention Student Club Leaders*
This message is for student club leaders. Paperwork for club registration,
club constitution, and club budget should be sent to the Leadership Office
as soon as possible. Check your Email or talk to Mr. V. for more details.
All club info is available on the BHS student leadership website.
________________________________
*Reminder from the BHS Safety Team*
Here are a few reminders from the safety team: Our expectation is that
students will leave the Campus Green and M Building areas immediately after
6th period has ended. Students should proceed to Bridge, the CCC,
teacher-led tutorials, the library or off campus. We will clear the entire
campus at 3:45.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*