[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Upcoming Leadership Events - Cocoa & Cram, Winter Dance & More

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 5 21:15:16 PST 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Yellow Jackets!

We hope you are refreshed and ready for a tremendous amount of action
during the 2017 portion of the BHS school year. In addition to the many
athletic and arts activities (check the BHS calendar for details), ASB
Leadership will be offering a wide variety of activities. Below is a list
of events for the next four weeks, but as always, you can find more details
on the leadership website, berkeleyschools.net/leadership/, or the school
website, bhs.berkeleyschools.net. Thank you!

Jan. 9th - 12th *Cocoa & Cram*, hosted by *Link Leaders, is a special
tutoring session aimed at helping freshmen prepare for their first set of
BHS final exams. Snacks and tutoring in a range of subject areas provided
for free. See you after school from 3:30-4:30 pm in the CCC, D218, and D219.
* *​Link Leaders are a group of 80 junior/senior students working with the
freshmen students. Fall Final Exam Schedule at the end of this message.*

Jan. 27 - *Staff Appreciation Lunch* - Please help us show our appreciation
for the BHS staff for their hard work and dedication in educating our
youth. BHS Leadership is hosting a staff luncheon on Friday, January 27
with freshly prepared Mexican food as well as beverages, courtesy of
Achievers Inc. We will also hold a raffle for teachers. This event will
take place in the BHS Cafeteria from 1:00 PM - 2:30 pm, following the last
final exam period of the fall semester. FOOD CONTRIBUTION: If you are
interested in contributing a dessert item (10 needed), a side dish (10
needed), or a gift card (any amount is appreciated), or other gifts to be
given away in the raffle, please send Mr. V. a message. Or if you are
considering volunteering, send a message to Mr. V.

Feb. 3 - *A Winter Wonderland Dance *is coming to BHS on Friday, February 3
from 7:00-10:00pm. We need at least 10 chaperones for our winter formal, to
monitor students and entry/exit ways during the dance.  Food and drink
donations would also be extremely helpful! (Chips, popcorn, fruit trays,
water, etc.) Please bring anything you'd like to donate to the leadership
office inside of the school cafeteria. It would mean a lot to us if you
could come out to help and we would appreciate your support! If you're
interested in helping please contact Kendra Bowman (
kendrabowman at students.berkeley.net) or Mr. V (johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net).

Students, the winter ball is coming! Show up and show out at Berkeley
High's Winter Wonderland on Friday, February 3. This dance is for all
grades to come and SLAYYY. Tickets go on sale soon and are available for
purchase in the leadership office. Food and Entertainment will be provided!
We are also looking for student performers. Thank you to the BHS PTSA for
assistance for the event and the BHSDG for their financial support of a
brand new speaker system that will be featured at the dance. Contact Kendra
or Mr. V. Thank you so much, The Winter Ball Committee.

Feb. 3 - *Student Club Meet & Greet *during lunch in the main courtyard.
This is an opportunity for clubs to share their opportunities and recruit
new members to join. There will be a more traditional club fair in early
March that focuses on service and career pathways.

Today - Invite your student to *join school wide ASB* leadership​!*!! For
2017-18 school year applications, please visit our Leadership Application
page. Applications will also be available in the Leadership Office (in
cafeteria) beginning January 3​.

​* ​*ASB stands for Associated Student Body​*​

http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=73

TBD - *ASB Speaker Series* hosted by the Muslim Student Association, as
well as another student-led assembly featuring various student groups
discussing
shifts in politics and government to raise awareness among their peers, and
also exciting spring spirit events. Stay tuned!

*School Events of Note:*

-Tue. Jan. 31, Spring Semester begins

-Wed. Feb. 8, BHS Info Night for incoming families

-Thu. Feb 9, Open House for all current BHS families beginning at 7:00 pm

-Black History Month activities to begin February 3rd. Be on the lookout
for details in e-tree and flyers around campus.

*Fall Final Exam Schedule*

Wed. Jan. 25
1st period 8:30 - 10:30 am

2nd period 10:40 am - 12:40 pm

Lunch 12:40 - 1:20
Finals Prep 1:26 - 2:47, optional time for students to meet with teachers.​

Thur. Jan 26
​3rd​ period 8:30 - 10:30 am

4th period 10:40 am - 12:40 pm

Lunch 12:40 - 1:20
Finals Prep 1:26 - 2:47, optional time for students to meet with teachers.​

​Fri. Jan. 27​

​5th​ period 8:30 - 10:30 am

6th period 10:40 am - 12:40 pm

Lunch 12:40 - 1:20

Make-up 1:26 - 2:47 - *teacher must be notified in advance*

Students are allowed to leave campus at 12:40 pm on final exam days.

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)  If that does not
work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of
each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*