[BHS Etree] FUNDRAISING: Band and Orchestra Music and Wine Party, Jan. 7 (Sat)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 5 08:06:21 PST 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Christine Anne Staples,
christineannestaples at gmail.com

Did you know that 180 of our children get to start their day with music in
the Berkeley High Band and Orchestra?  This Saturday, we are having a party
where you can have a wonderful time, enjoy our community, and support our
amazing Band and Orchestra: our upcoming, amazing, third annual, Music and
Wine Tasting Party.

*This coming Saturday, January 7th from 7-9:30 p.m.* at St. Alban’s in
Albany. We have kept the ticket prices at the same bargain rate as last
year: $35 for one person, $60 for a pair. *Adults only, please. *Proceeds
will be used to pay for sheet music, instruments, supplies, field trip
scholarships, instrument coaches, and more. (Thank you, St. Alban’s, for
hosting once more!)

This event is AWESOME, and I am not making this up! Music from Anna Presler
and Leighton Fong (Left Coast Chamber Ensemble), Arkadi and Laura Kakis
Serper (Koiros), Rita Lily (American Bach Soloists), Robin May
(SF/Oakland/Napa Symphonies), Alicia Telford with Owen Miyoshi and Bill
Harvey, Madeline Prager, BUSD music teachers Karen Wells and Mary
Dougherty, VAPA Program Supervisor Pete Gidlund, and many more special
guests.

We have received the donation of extraordinary Napa Valley Cabernet
Sauvignon from vintner and BAO parent Jim Wert, as well as lovely organic
cocktails and liqueurs from Artemesia, cheeses from Country Cheese, and
bread from Acme Bakery. Admission includes tickets good for drinks and/or
an in-house raffle.

*But wait, there’s more!*  BAO parent Amelie Mel de Fontenay is once again
donating a weekend at her Victorian country mansion (value $1200) in
Inverness for a silent auction at the party. Eight bedrooms, piano, tennis
court, opens onto hiking trails and the wilderness of the Point Reyes area.
Big enough to have that family reunion you’ve been meaning to hold! Big
enough to share with the families of several friends for a wonderful
weekend! If you can’t make it to the party, a proxy bidder can take care of
your needs.

*In addition,* the Berkeley Racing Canoe Center has donated a private
Dragon Boat Cruise for you and 12-20 friends to the silent auction! (Value
$1,000)

*Golly, there is STILL MORE!* We will be having a raffle that’s just for
party attendees; prizes include private instrument instruction with Karen
Wells and Mary Dougherty; tickets to Cal Shakespeare Festival, Berkeley
Rep, Cal Performances, Shotgun Players, Berkeley Symphony, SF Opera,
Philharmonia Baroque and SF Bach Choir. Now, math is not my forte, but if
the hall only holds 120 people, the odds of folks winning a prize would
be…. Umm…. *very high!*

*THE HALL ONLY HOLDS 120 PEOPLE*. Don’t miss out!

Here is the link to purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
berkeley-high-band-orchestra-music-and-tasting-party-tickets-30237480117

I hope you can make it!

If you any questions, please email me: christineannestaples at gmail.com

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)  If that does not
work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of
each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*