[BHS Etree] PARENT ED: January BOLD Meeting, Jan. 9 (Mon)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jan 4 17:53:11 PST 2017

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact bhsboldcontact at gmail.com

January 9th BOLD Meeting:  Legal conversation

When    Monday, January 9th, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm

Where:  College and Career Center

Deborah Jacobson is an education attorney in the SF Bay Area representing
families and students against school districts throughout Northern
California.

This meeting will be informal, with Ms. Jacobson reviewing our rights as
parents of LD kids as well as the legal obligations the school district
must adhere to. We look forward to hearing about her experiences and advice
about how to get help for our children.

Ms. Jacobson will not discuss any individual case though participants can
ask questions that help form an opinion of the kind of circumstances under
which a lawyer might suggest seeking legal counsel. We hope to limit
discussions to questions and very brief examples.

Please note: Ms. Jacobson may not give out legal advice on any particular
case, and does not discuss specific legal fees but can discuss the statute
in the IDEA that allows for attorney fee reimbursement.

A link to her personal bio:

*http://www.jacobsoneducationlaw.com/firm-overview/
<http://www.jacobsoneducationlaw.com/firm-overview/>*

*BOLD (Berkeley High Families Owning Learning Differences)*

BOLD is a support group for parents of children with Learning Differences.
This group, formed in 2013 by Berkeley High parents, meets on the 2nd Monday*
of the month at Berkeley High usually in the College and Career Center.
BOLD is dedicated to finding ways to support, empower and educate students
with learning disabilities and their families by fostering understanding
and advocating for effective intervention.

Our meetings present helpful informational topics relevant to parents of
high school students with learning disabilities and forums where parents
can voice their concerns, find resources and information and find a
community.

Questions? Email: bhsboldcontact at gmail.com

*Meeting dates may change due to holidays, etc. Please look for BHS ETREE
announcements for actual dates.

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)  If that does not
work, you can use the following URL, either included at the very bottom of
each individual message, or by typing it in the address bar yourself:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/put-your-email@address.here

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-join at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*