[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Berkeley High College Athlete Panel, Jan. 5 (Thur)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 14 21:02:38 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact BAF President Betsy Foster president at berkeleyathleticfund.net<mailto:president at berkeleyathleticfund.net>

On Thursday, January 5th at 7:00 pm, the Berkeley Athletic Fund will be hosting our second annual panel of former Berkeley High School athletes who are now playing or who will be playing sports at the collegiate level. This will take place at 7:00 pm in the BHS library. Find out about the recruiting process, the challenges of being a collegiate athlete, and more. This event is designed for both parents and students.

Don't be late, experienced college recruiter, DI coach, and current college counselor Jennifer Thomas will start off at 7:00 pm, and then act as moderator for our student-athletes.

Our panelists will include current BHS athletes who have already committed to schools and former BHS students who are currently enrolled in college. We will have representatives from at least 5 different sports; men and women; D1, D2, and D3 athletes; walk-ons and recruits. Also a parent who can speak about the process from his perspective.

This is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed if your student has any thoughts of playing sports in college.

All are welcome.

A very short update for BAF Team Advocates will be held immediately following the event.

Please contact BAF President Betsy Foster with any questions at president at berkeleyathleticfund.net<mailto:president at berkeleyathleticfund.net> or go to our website at berkeleyathleticfund.net<http://berkeleyathleticfund.net/> for more information or to contact us.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy