[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Dec. 9 2016

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Dec 9 11:02:07 PST 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Felicia
Phillips feliciaphillips at berkeley.net
<mailto:feliciaphillips at berkeley.net>. For those of you who do not hear
the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would
like to read them each day, you can find them in
the Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

*Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, December 9, 2016*

Good Morning Berkeley High School,

This is Erin Schweng with your daily announcements and positive shout
outs. The first shout out comes from Gavilan for Mr. Mah, Thanks Mr. Mah
for being such a rad math teacher. This next shout out comes from Alysha
Smith for Amira Hearod, Thank you Amira for helping me in French class
and always texting me the homework! The final shout out is from
anonymous to Mr. Angell, Thank you Mr. Angell for changing the way I
look at history and the past. You've made a huge impact on my life and I
will never forget the lessons that you taught me.

_______________________________

*Morning Sports Report*
In recent action, the boys varsity soccer team defeated Piedmont, the
girls JV and varsity soccer teams fell to California High School, the
boys JV & varsity basketball teams edged out Castlemont, the boys
freshman soccer team lost to San Ramon Valley while the boys JV soccer
team tied San Ramon Valley and the boys varsity soccer team defeated San
Lorenzo.

Tonight, the varsity girls basketball team travels to Oakland to
participate in the Laney Shootout, while the boys freshman team heads to
Ygnacio Valley High School to compete in a tournament.
________________________________

*Attention Student Athletes!*
Erik Price, commissioner of compliance for the Pac-12 athletic
conference, will be on campus today to speak about what it takes to be a
Division I athlete. He will talk about grade requirements, recruiting
and picking the right athletic program for your. Mr. Christianson will
provide lunch. The meeting will be held in Conference Room B, near the
Counseling Center, today at lunch. See you there!
________________________________
*SENIORS: Information on Senior Activities*
Class of 2017! Check your student Email account for the latest
information about senior activities. Our cap and gown company,
Achievers, will be in the courtyard at lunch on Friday, December 9, for
orders and class rings. The email message also contains information
about the 2017 Prom, senior polls, and the Senior Letter.
________________________________
*Share Your Thoughts in an Upcoming Video*
Students in the BHS Advanced Studio Editing class are making a video
about the results of the 2016 Presidential election and the walkout at
Berkeley High that followed. They would like to interview any students,
staff, or teachers who would like to speak about the presidential
election, the BHS walkout, or their thoughts about the future. If you
would like to be interviewed -- it would likely take less than ten
minutes -- please Email us at claytonpierce at students.berkeley.net
<mailto:claytonpierce at students.berkeley.net> or
jamieraganner at students.berkeley.net
<mailto:jamieraganner at students.berkeley.net>
________________________________
*Student Care Packages*
If you know someone who needs a little love, you can send them a care
package. They include candy, gum,and tea among other things. It's a
great way to show you care and make someone's day. Contact
bihshealth at gmail.com <mailto:bihshealth at gmail.com> to purchase. They are
$5.00 each or $1.00 each for students who receive free or reduced lunch.
________________________________

*African American Studies Presents*
The African American Studies Department and the BHS Black Student Union
invite you to participate in the following events:

At lunch, there will be a DJ, live performers, and Black student groups
from Berkeley City College and UC Berkeley. Be on the lookout for BSU
members passing out food tickets for pizza.

During periods 4, 5, and 6, your AfAm family is hosting an assembly
titled /Awakening and Reclaiming the Day/. If your class is not
scheduled to attend, you can see Mr Byndloss or Christianson to get a
permission slip to attend. Students who are not with their class and who
do have a permission slip will not be able to attend.

Next week is Back to Black Week. More info. on dress up themes to come.
________________________________
*A RAISIN IN THE SUN*
There are only two more nights to see the blistering family drama, /A
Raisin in the Sun./ Tonight and tomorrow in the Little Theater at 7:00.
Get there by 6:30 to make sure you have a seat! Tickets are $5 for staff
and students, $10 general admission. See you there!
________________________________

*Supporting Standing Rock*
The BHS Green Team wants to remind everyone that situation at Standing
Rock is not over. There is a very real possibility that the pipeline
will not be rerouted, so the water protectors intend to continue to
protest until an alternative route is found. And they need your help. If
they are to stay through the winter, you can donate items such as
sweaters and sleeping bags. There will be donation boxes in the C
Gallery where you can drop off your contributions. For information on
how you can contribute in other ways, please see the Green Team senior
leaders Renee, Angie or Athena.

____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(/T//he request must be sent from the email address that
is subscribed to the list/.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*