[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Holiday Meal 2016 Wish List & Service Opportunity

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 28 16:16:12 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

*Holiday Meal info*:

December 9-10, 2016

Berkeley High Cafeteria

*http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=214*

THANK YOU BERKELEY HIGH!

Zoey H., Chief of Service, and her committee are organizing the Holiday
Meal this year to prepare for this amazing event where 300-400 meals are
served and collected clothing donations are distributed to guests. Meal
prep takes place on Friday, December 9th while the actual meal will be
served on Saturday, December 10th from 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm. Our goal this
year is to surpass 15,000 pounds of donated food and funds.

We are in the most need of monetary contributions to fund hosting the
meal, canned goods, prepared food, and donations for the toiletry drive.
Any extra Thanksgiving ingredients lying in your cabinets would make a
great contribution to the meal. Please consider sending your student to
school with a few cans to drop off at the bins located outside of the
leadership office in the main building.

We have received over $1,000 in donations as we move towards our goal of
$4000 to cover all expenses of the Holiday Meal. See below for the
various ways you can contribute to the meal!

//

/What does the Holiday Meal look like??? Watch this: BHS Holiday Meal
2013 Video <http://youtu.be/N6pB-CASrJ4>/

*MONETARY CONTRIBUTION*
Please send any checks payable to "BHS ASB" Berkeley High School:

Berkeley High School

c/o John Villavicencio

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94804

/*ASB stands for Associated Student Body

/

*KITCHEN HELP*
We are looking for 4-6 parents to help out as chefs for each of the
different areas of cooking that need to be done (dessert, turkey/ham,
hot salads, bean dishes, pasta, among others) Contact Mr. V if you are
interested.
*

FRESH FOOD CONTRIBUTION
*Click here to sign-up to bring fresh food donations for the meal.
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0949a5ae2dabf58-holiday>

  * Turkeys (at least 20 needed)
  * Hams (at least 10 needed)
  * Desserts (Pumpkin and assorted pies, cookies)
  * Bread (Rolls, loaves, Corn bread)
  * Salads (Various salads w/ or w/o cheese, nuts, dressing)
  * Yams/Sweet Potatoes/Mashed Potatoes
  * Cheese
  * Butter (3 pounds needed)
  * Onions, Garlic, Spices, Herbs, and other assorted seasonings
  * Any Fresh hot or cold dish that you can lovingly donate

Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-8:00 pm on Friday,
December 9 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 10 to the main doors of the
school at Milvia and Allston. There is a loading zone located here.
Please indicate what time you would like to deliver your donation.

*Canned Foods Needed: *

Please bring in any amount of the following types of canned foods.
*If you have any questions please ask Mr. Villavicencio or Zoey H. in
the Leadership Office.

  * Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried)
  * Corn
  * Chili (Vegetarian or Beef)
  * Soup (Vegetarian or Chicken Noodle)
  * Cranberry Sauce
  * Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
  * Pasta
  * Macaroni Noodles

*Toiletry, toy and blanket drive*will take place from October 31 to
December 9. With the winter season on its way, we want to help the
homeless community stay warm. We plan to give donations to students in
transitional housing here at Berkeley High and give the remainders out
during the Holiday Meal. We will have bins for donations placed
throughout Berkeley High including near the Leadership Office and in the
C-Gallery. We are asking people to donate new or gently used blankets
and new toiletries including:

  * Backpacks
  * toothbrushes/toothpaste
  * soap
  * shampoo/conditioner
  * feminine hygiene products
  * mouthwash
  * deodorant
  * floss
  * Kleenex packs
  * disposable razors
  * shaving cream
  * lotion
  * combs
  * Q-tips

*Volunteer Info*

Volunteer shifts are almost filled up, but check to see what is still
available:
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0949a5ae2dabf58-bhsholiday

Thank you so much for considering a contribution or for volunteering at
the event.

*Thank you for making great things happen!*

U-N-I-T-Y, WE FLY HIGHER AS A TEAM!!!

John Villavicencio
Director of Student Activities
Berkeley High School

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644 - 8990 <tel:%28510%29%20644%20-%208990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

@Jacket__Pride <https://twitter.com/jacket__pride>

berkeleyschools.net/leadership/ <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

www.inventinghiphop.com <http://www.inventinghiphop.com>

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/