[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Volunteer Coordinators Needed for BHS All Staff Breakfast, Nov. 7 (Mon.)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 19 19:43:44 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Monique deBrito,
moniquedebrito at berkeley.net

On *Monday, November 7th *the entire Berkeley High School (BHS) staff
will be gathering together for our first annual */All Staff Community
Building Breakfast/*/./ BHS has endured a really difficult summer with
the tragic death of some of our recent and former students, and we have
also been confronted by several overtly racist events on campus these
last few years.

In the spirit of building community and being proactive in our efforts,
we understand that to *be better for our students* we need to know one
another first.  Berkeley High can be a very isolating place and this is
an important step in breaking down the isolation, and coming together as
an entire staff./ But we cannot do this without the support of the
Berkeley High parent community. /

We need a small group of inspired and motivated parents to help
coordinate this "breakfast of champions" in two ways:

1) *One or two volunteers *to /organize/coordinate volunteers to help
with tables, chairs, food set up, and cleanup. /Note: Rooms are already
reserved and the tables and chairs should be in the rooms already. It is
more a task of directing the volunteers to setup and put back.

2) *One or two volunteers* to /organize/coordinate food donations. /

*Note:* I will be the volunteer coordinator staff contact person to
guide _both efforts_ through this special morning session!  I am happy
to help each coordinator set up a SignUpGenius account to solicit
volunteers.

*Please contact me* at moniquedebrito at berkeley.net
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','moniquedebrito at berkeley.net');> if you
and/or someone you know would be willing to help us out. Time is of the
essence!

Thank you in advance for your generosity towards public school educators!

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe___from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email
address that is subscribed to the list.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *subscribe*