[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Oct. 7 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Oct 7 10:05:07 PDT 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office,by Claudia Hernandez
claudiahernandez at berkeley.net. For those of you who do not hear the
announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to
read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of
Powerschool.

This is Mr. Pasarow with your daily announcements on Friday, October 7,
2016.

There have been so many submissions, choosing today’s affirmations was not
easy. We’re starting out with a long shout out for a special member of our
faculty, Miriam Klein Stahl - BHS Art Teacher since 1995, co-founder of
AHA, award-winning artist, and illustrator of the books Rad Women from A-Z
and the recently published Rad Women Worldwide. Miriam's new book is
already near the top of the New York Times Bestseller list only three days
after its release!

You can also see Ms. Stahl's unique papercut portraits on the cover of
Chinaka Hodge's new book, Dated Emcees, and on the newest issue of Library
Journal.  Ms. Stahl and her students are also largely responsible for the
utility box portraits of famous BHS Alumni around town and for the ceramic
tile mural of last year's student walkout that is installed at the entrance
to the M Building.

Ms. Stahl, we are so very proud of you and we thank you for everything you
have done to make our school and community so very rad!  We love you!

Our next shout out comes from Emma and goes to the Bowling club, which
meets every other Tuesday in G203, — props to the bowling club for working
so well together and focusing on our goal of fundraising so students
regardless of their economic status can learn how to become awesome bowlers.

Our next affirmation comes from Najma and reads, “Ms. Guzman, I just wanted
to say that I am so grateful for everything you have done for me and how
much work you have put into all of your students.”

Next up is a shout out for Mr. Stevens, “he cares for and treats everyone
with respect and kindness. He is funny and smart and just the best teacher
bridge students could ever have. All the bridge students can go to him for
anything and he will support us all the way through.”

Wait there is one more, from 10th grader Christian for the BHS Football
team, “Hey guys it's Chris from the JV football team coming at you live — I
just want ya'll to wish us luck on today's football game against Alameda. I
would like to also shout out Ms. Rosen, Luckas and Chris.”

________________________________

*Baseball team meeting*

There will be a brief meeting for BHS baseball players today, Friday, at
3:45pm in the M Gym. We will be discussing where we are in the hiring
process for a new coach. This meeting should only last about 10 minutes so
please be prompt.

________________________________

*Fall PE Waiver Deadline*

This is a reminder that the first portion of the Fall PE Waiver is due back
to the attendance office no later than October 7, 2016. No exceptions will
be made for missed deadlines.

________________________________

*Stop Harassing!*

BHS stop harassing invites all BHS community members to a screening of the
new documentary Adrie and Daisy, which tells the stories of two high school
sexual assault survivors. Come to the East Bay Media Center next Wednesday
October 12 or October 13 from 7-9 pm to see this moving film RSVP to
bhsstopharrassing at gmail.com

________________________________

*NO SCHOOL on Monday, October 10*

There is no school for students on Monday, October 10. It is a Staff
Development Day.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*