[BHS Etree] CLUBS: Mountain Bike team Information Meeting for interested students, Oct. 13 (Thu)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 3 19:48:30 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mary Jacobs,
maryjacobs at berkeley.net

Hello interested families,

You are invited with your Student-Athlete to an Information Meeting next
Thursday 10/13 for the upcoming Mtn Bike season. We train and race after
the winter holiday, but want to start and stir interest in our team and
this sport

Details:

About 40 Boys and Girls ride and train with us
We are COED, but boys race boys, girls race girls, and races are divided
into 9th, 10, JV and Varsity (for 11th and 12th graders)
Lots of our now riders did NOT ride a bike at a serious level prior to
joining, most maybe rode to their friends house to to school. Dont worry,
we will safely help you grow with the sport
You do not have to race, but have to come to trainings, on Tues and Thurs
after school, and on Sunday late morning (in the end racing is fun, and
safe and prob 80-90% race)
We are the FIRST high school Mtn Bike team in the country
We teach responsibility, team work, bike repair and time management
We placed 3rd in NorCal last season
We have a very supportive team and long term coaching staff, most of the
coaching team raced in high school and college, and now want to give back
to the sport
We do have some high quality loaner bikes for incoming student athletes for
their first year in the sport.
Lastly, if you do ride with us, you will get a full semesters PE Credit,
and you will need 4 semesters of PE to graduate from BHS

Meeting Info:
BHSMTB New Rider and Parent Meeting
Thursday October 13th
6:30-8:30pm
Sports Basement Berkeley
Address: 2727 Milvia St, Berkeley

Hopefully see you there, come if there is an interest come on down

The Coaches of the Riders of the BHS Mountain Bike Team

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*