[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Tonight, Back to School Night, Sept. 22 (Thu)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 22 15:21:22 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Felicia Phillips
feliciaphillips at berkeley.net

Berkeley High School's Back to School Night is tonight, *Thursday,
September 22 at 7:00 pm*. Parents and guardians will be following their
child's schedule as they meet teachers for ten-minute information sessions.
We look forward to welcoming you on our campus!

You will want to be sitting in your child’s first-period class by 7:00
p.m *(6:45
p.m. if your child has a zero period class) *because the presentations will
start punctually. After a ten-minute presentation the bell will ring and
parents will have six minutes to travel to the next period.

*Please bring your child’s class schedule with you *so you know which
classes to visit. You can ask your son/daughter to write the schedule for
you the old fashioned way, with pen and paper. Or you can go online and
print it out from PowerSchool. To log into PowerSchool portal, go to
http://ps.berkeley.net/public/ and enter:

USERNAME: *firstnamelastname **(of student, not the parent)*

PASSWORD: *BerkeleystudentID#*

*For example, if your daughter’s name is Mary Smith and her ID number is
2423555, enter the following:*

*USERNAME: marysmith*

*PASSWORD: Berkeley2423555*

If you do not have your child’s schedule when you arrive for Back to
SchoolNight, stop by the Food Court and we can print one for you. Even if
you do not need a schedule, drop by the Food Court before or after visits
to classes because there you will find PowerSchool help, get assistance
with lunch applications, meet representatives from the Health Center,
Athletics and clubs, the parent resource center, and more.

Our campus is close to BART and several city bus lines. *This year parking
will be extremely limited, *so we encourage you to head to school early and
walk, carpool, use public transit or ride-hailing services. If you drive,
click here
<http://www.cityofberkeley.info/uploadedFiles/Public_Works/Level_3_-_General/Downtown_Berkeley_Parking_Map_And_Directory%20June%201%281%29.pdf>
for a map of nearby parking facilities.  We look forward to seeing you soon!

If you have any questions about any of the above, you can call the Parent
Resource Center at 510.644.8524.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*