[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Sep. 16 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Sep 16 10:46:52 PDT 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Claudia Hernandez Claudiahernandez at berkeley.net<mailto:Claudiahernandez at berkeley.net>. For those of you who do not hear the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, September 16, 2016

Good Morning Berkeley High School,

This is Mr. Pasarow with your daily announcements on Friday, September 16th, 2016.

Today's first shout out is huge and it comes from The Jacket Staff, aimed at their faculty advisor, Mr. Rodrigues, for his tremendous dedication and energy. Mr. Rodrigues always stays way later than he should late at night and supports us in every way possible. We couldn't imagine the paper without you!

The next shout out comes from Vice Principal Friedman and reads, "Shout out to this year's Biotech Seniors who demonstrated poise, preparation hard work and professionalism in their presentations to the Biotech Juniors about their summer internships. Phenomenal role models!" - Mr. Pleskac has some more BioTech love and it is, "Mr. Pleskac would like to give a positive shout out to Jermelle and Johnny from Biotech Partners for supporting the students and the program of the Biotech Academy at Berkeley High School. Their work with our students and staff has been stellar and we look forward to a great year of biotech discovery with them!"

Next up on the love docket is a shout out from Dean of Students Rok to Safety Officer McNabb, "You always jump in to deescalate conflicts and you're a masterful mediator."

The final shout out for today comes from a student named Maya, and goes to Kyra and Kaysha, "For being amazing, admirable, radiant, beautiful, supportive, authentic and excessive friends that keep me focused and dedicated to my education and after school hours in the CCC."
________________________________
Morning Sports Report
Here are some results from this week's games:

In girls volleyball against San Leandro, the varsity team lost but the freshman and JV teams won their matches.

The freshman football team lost to Pittsburg High.

Tonight the JV and varsity teams host Pittsburg at Jacket Stadium. Students with ASB stickers get into the game for free, and the cost if you don't have a sticker is only $4. Come out and support your Jacket athletes!
________________________________
Pictures!
Make up picture day for school pictures and Student ID cards will be on Friday, September 23rd during lunch and directly after school in the East Gallery of the Community Theater.
_______________________________
Create a Buzz; Wear Jacket Gear!
Jacket Gear is back in full effect for the upcoming school year. ASB (Associated Student Body) Leadership is selling exclusive Jacket Gear, including hoodies, baseball tee's, wind breakers, pajama pants, backpacks, gym bags, among other awesome wearables. Orders will be accepted today in the Leadership office (D148) in the cafeteria. Cash or checks payable to "BHS ASB". Orders placed today will arrive in October.
Back to School Night
Students: On Thursday, September 22, our campus will be open for parents and guardians to follow your schedule! Please remind your families to save the date. Zero period starts at 6:45 pm and first period starts promptly at 7:00 pm.
NSBE Jr.
National Society of Black Engineers Jr. Club Info Session Today at Lunch in G203. Topics include National Registration, Meccanoid G15 Personal Robot Teams, and the National Conference in Kansas City. If you are interested and cannot attend the meeting, see Mr Byndloss in D140 before school, at lunch or after school.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/