[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: SENIORS & FAMILIES - To Do List for College Apps
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 1 06:31:07 PDT 2016
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mary Jacobs maryjacobs at berkeley.net<mailto:maryjacobs at berkeley.net>
Dear Seniors and Parents and Guardians of Seniors,
Welcome back to school. The staff in the College and Career Center (CCC) look forward to providing support for college applications, job opportunities, and more.
CCC Staff & Caseloads for 2016-2017:
Angela Price: College Advisor for AC (last name So-Z), AMPS, BIHS, and ISP
Melanie Aguas: College Advisor for AC (last name A-Sm), AHA, CAS, ELN
James Dopman: Career Advisor (available periods 3-4)
Brianna Brooks: College Advisor Fellow for 9th and 10th graders
Mary Jacobs: CCC Assistant
Advisors are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Assistant, Mary Jacobs, is available from 8:00 AM to 1:45 PM.
Drop in visits before school and during lunch.
Appointments with advisors will be made on-line in the future - To be created soon.
Sorry, no individual appointments until class presentations are completed.
1. Students must complete Senior Profile by 9/12/16 with on-line link from Ms. Price in student e-mail. Write as much as possible to describe academic history, activities, interests, and any information that a counselor or teacher will include in a letter of recommendation for private colleges and/or scholarships.
2. Register for College Entrance tests on-line: SAT or ACT.
SAT test dates: 10/1/16, 11/5/16, 12/3/16.
Registration deadline for October test is 9/1/16.
ACT test dates: 10/22/16, 12/10/16.
Registration deadline for October test is 9/16/16.
3. Register for free SAT tutoring, if needed, from People's Test Preparation Services /UC Berkeley(PTPS). SAT study classes will be here at BHS for 10 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. Room TBA.
Must register at this link by 9/9/16:
4. Check out College Visits Calendar at CCC website:
First visits start 9/6/16. Students may be excused from class up to 10 times to listen to college presentations from college admissions directors/counselors in the CCC.
FOR PARENTS & GUARDIANS of SENIORS:
1. Please complete school lunch form. All families are asked to complete the form. Are you eligible for free/reduced lunch form and test fee waivers?
Apply at http://secure.ezmealapp.com/Default.aspx
Contact Mary Jacobs at maryjacobs at berkeley.net<mailto:maryjacobs at berkeley.net> for test fee waivers, if eligible, Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 1:45 PM.
College Board and ACT have limited waivers to a total of 2 each.
2. You are invited to the College Information Night for Parents & Guardians of Seniors on September 13, 2016, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, in BHS Library.
The BHS College Advisors will present an overview of the college application process to parents and guardians of seniors, Class of 2017.
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS