[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Sad News

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jun 23 14:09:06 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sam Pasarow,sampasarow at berkeley.net<mailto:sampasarow at berkeley.net>

Dear Berkeley High Community,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this message. We lost a member of our community when a Class of 2016 Berkeley High graduate drowned yesterday, June 22, 2016. We have not been able to connect with the family and we are not naming the student or releasing any details until we have their permission and direction.

We will be holding grief support services here at Berkeley High School tomorrow, June 24, 12:00 noon - 2:00 PM, in the library. Students and staff can come together for support during this difficult time. There will be grief counselors available in the library to lead a presentation on the cycles of grief, strategies to help with healing, and safe and healthy ways of coping with this loss.

They will also provide materials to create a memorial banner, and allow the space for those present to speak out and share their stories.

BIHS will provide light snacks.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.
Sam Pasarow

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/