[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Orlando Shooting

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jun 13 12:25:52 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sam
Pasarow,sampasarow at berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley High Community,

On Saturday night, there was a mass shooting at an LGBTQ nightclub in
Orlando, Florida, where more than 50 people were killed, with over fifty
injured. This represents the most deadly mass shooting in American history.

Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. We stand with our
LGBTQ families and staff who are affected by this shooting. And we stand
with our Muslim families because incidents such as these can engender
Islamophobia.

The Berkeley High Gay Straight Alliance and the Muslim Student
Association are partnering at lunch today, June 13th, to fundraise for
those impacted by the shooting. We have asked students and staff to
please swing by the senior steps at lunch to show their solidarity.

If your student is in need of support, please send her or him to their
counselor at any time this week.

Please find below some resources that you may want to access when
discussing this with your student:

http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2012/12/14/the-best-resources-on-talking-with-children-about-tragedies/

http://www.nmha.org/children-cope-with-tragedy

https://childdevelopmentinfo.com/how-to-be-a-parent/communication/talk-to-kids-media-violence/

Thank you,

Sam Pasarow

____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe _from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in
the subject line: *unsubscribe *(/T//he request must be sent from the
email address that is subscribed to the list/.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*