[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Thank you from BAF

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 30 22:44:25 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Cindy Chang, cjchang at berkeley.edu

Thanks to the strong support from BHS student athletes, parents, coaches,
and BHS alumni for the recent BAF Golf Classic -- selling and buying raffle
tickets, finding sponsors, donating time and money, coming to the fun
dinner, and golfing -- it was incredibly successful!

We raised $25,000 to pay the stipends of all frosh and some varsity
assistant coaches for the 2016-17 season!

We all hope that one day BUSD is able to prioritize funding for these
important positions. Until then, BAF and the school/alumni community will
continue to work hard so that our students have these increased
opportunities to play sports at Berkeley High.

Special thanks to BHS alum Manish Doshi who has passionately led the charge
all these years and will be stepping away. Also to BAF board member Lisa
Romo who worked tirelessly to ensure the financial success of this year's
Classic. And to many many others.

Be a part of our non-profit Berkeley Athletic Fund!

Come to our next meeting, Monday June 13th at 7 pm in the school library.
We need a few more board members who want to continue our important mission:

The mission of the Berkeley Athletic Fund (BAF), a non-profit volunteer
organization, is to promote athletic excellence by enhancing the safety and
competitiveness of the Berkeley High School sports programs. BAF provides
financial assistance and other means of support to our athletic department
and its student-athletes and coaches. It is our belief that a strong and
successful athletic program promotes an atmosphere of achievement in the
entire school community.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at *bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net>*.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe *to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*