[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, May 27 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri May 27 17:51:36 PDT 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Claudia Hernandez Claudiahernandez at berkeley.net<mailto:Claudiahernandez at berkeley.net> and Victoria Session victoriasession at berkeley.net<mailto:victoriasession at berkeley.net>. For those of you who do not hear the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, May 27, 2016

Principal Pasarow begins Friday's announcements with positive shout outs.

At the top of today's announcements are our positive shout outs. To start, Mr. Miller wanted to shout out his colleague Karen Zapata, who took a large group of seniors this week on a fun field trip to celebrate, reflect, critique and acknowledge their work of the last year.

Mr. Miller also wanted to acknowledge the parent volunteers who coordinated groups on the trip.

Our next shout out comes from Restorative Justice Coordinator Eddie Estrada, and goes to Ms. Crawford and her 5th and 6th period classes, "Thanks for participating in our class community building circles this semester! I have had a great time with you all. Good Luck Grads!"

Our next shout out comes from Ms. Korber and is directed at Ms. Jimenez, Ms. Zapata and Mr. Miller. "I appreciate our collaboration this year in developing the sophomore BIHS English curriculum. You are talented teachers who have helped me grow professionally, and I'm grateful for all you do for our students."

This last one is from Ryan Fox, "A big shout out to my man Rolando Morales for volunteering his time every Thursday afternoon to provide Akido and spiritual growth to students at BHS. Rolando's involvement in the Akido Club goes above and beyond the expectations for a faculty sponsor as he provides a safe and enriching learning environment for all students and staff whom attend."

__________________________
Summer School!
JUNIORS: Summer School applications are available in the counseling office. June 1, 2016 is the priority registration deadline

________________________________
NO SCHOOL on Monday, May 30
There is no school on Monday, May 30, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.

________________________________
Morning Sports Report
The co-ed Berkeley High Mountain Bike team again continued to impress as the team of over 40 racers just finished the NorCal season and they returned from the California State Championships near Santa Barbara this past weekend. Senior Nico Theunissen finished the NorCal league with the Varsity Boys Leader title, a first for Berkeley High! Nico followed up his stellar conference performance with a 4th place finish at States. Senior Rene Warren, the captain of the "Lady Jackets" wrapped up her 4th and final season with a great performance at States.

Also riding strong this season: sophomores Roberto Cribley, Max Barmack, Oliver Cadzen and Jared Donahue, and freshmen Nick Kluger and Saul Chaplin. Congratulations to everyone!

_____________________________________
2016 Black Graduation
Want to be a part of the African American Studies Dept. Celebration of Excellence? Contact Mama Washington at naomiwashingtondio at berkeley.net<mailto:naomiwashingtondio at berkeley.net> or go see her in the Dance Studio above the Jacket Gym. There will be a mandatory meeting Thursday, June 1, 2016 at 3:30pm in the Dance Studio. We want you to participate in the most exciting ceremony ever!!
When: June 4, 2016
Where: Berkeley Community Theater
Time: Ceremony 2:00-4:00pm / Reception 4:00-6:00pm

Queer Prom
There will be a Queer Prom for LGBTQ+ students on Friday, June 10 at the Impact Hub Oakland. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased in the C gallery at lunch. This is open to BHS students and high school students from other Bay Area schools.

We welcome parent support to help us run this event! If you are interested in being a Volunteer Chaperone or helping in any other way, please sign-up here: http://goo.gl/forms/RgnMzQjzHZ8uUB903

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/