[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, May 25

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed May 25 20:56:51 PDT 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Claudia
Hernandez Claudiahernandez at berkeley.net
<mailto:Claudiahernandez at berkeley.net> and Victoria Session
victoriasession at berkeley.net <mailto:victoriasession at berkeley.net>. For
those of you who do not hear the announcements where you are during
second period, or if you would like to read them each day, you can find
them in the Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

*Berkeley High School Bulletin for Wednesday, May 25, 2016*

*2016 Black Graduation*
Want to be a part of the African American Studies Dept. Celebration of
Excellence? Contact Mama Washington at naomiwashingtondio at berkeley.net
<mailto:naomiwashingtondio at berkeley.net> or go see her in the Dace
Studio above the Jacket Gym. There will be a mandatory meeting Thursday,
June 1, 2016 at 3:30pm in the Dance Studio. We want you to participate
in the most exciting ceremony ever!!
When: June 4, 2016
Where: Berkeley Community Theater
Time: Ceremony 2:00-4:00pm / Reception 4:00-6:00pm
_____________________________

*California Scholarship Federation*
Sophomore and Juniors: Are you recognized for your hard work? We invite
you to join the California Scholarship Federation. CSF seeks to foster
the recognition, motivation and education of academically talented
students and to promote service to the BHS community. Pick up an
application today at lunch time in the College and Career Center, room
D-221. Applications are available through Wednesday, May 25, and must be
returned to the CCC by Friday, June 3.

_____________________________
*BHS School Redesign Project*
Students: We need your input!! A group of students, teachers, staff and
parents on the BHS Design Team are currently working on ideas to
consider changes to the structure of the school. Our goal is to make
BHS a better school for all students. We are asking all students to take
a brief survey about your experience at Berkeley High School. Your
answers will help us with our process. Please take a moment to take the
survey here
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19KrVKh8yYCVfemgjBKrVZ_cuvYPCVWcukuG_W1Q17-0/viewform

To read more about the Design Team in a recent article in the Daily
Californian
http://www.dailycal.org/2016/05/17/berkeley-high-taking-action-close-academic-achievement-gap/.
Also, we will be holding student led Design Team Open Forums in room
G109 during lunch on Thursday May 26th and Friday May 27th. Please join us!
_____________________________
*Queer Prom*
There will be a Queer Prom for LGBTQ+ students on Friday, June 10 at the
Impact Hub Oakland. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased in the C
gallery at lunch. This is open to BHS students and high school students
from other other Bay Are schools. Again, that's June 10th at the Impact
Hub Oakland.

_____________________________
*BART Tickets*
The last order dates for BART tickets for this school year will be
Wednesday, May 25 and Thursday, May 26, at lunchtime only in the Parent
Resource Center, which is located on the 2nd floor of the D building
near the Library. If you need discounted BART tickets for summer school
or for the start of school in August, be sure to order your tickets today.
_____________________________
*Important Information for Students with Spring PE Waivers*
Please turn in your completed Spring PE Waiver (yellow copy) to the
Attendance Office beginning no later than Friday, May 27, 2016 at 4:00
pm. The waiver must be signed by the same coach who wrote your letter at
the beginning of the spring semester. No exceptions to this deadline
will be granted.

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(/T//he request must be sent from the email address that
is subscribed to the list/.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*