[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Mass Casualty Drill - June 1 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue May 24 14:58:01 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sam Pasarow sampasarow at berkeley.net<mailto:sampasarow at berkeley.net>

Dear Berkeley High Families,

We will be holding a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) drill on the Berkeley High Campus on Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 in the Donahue Gym. The MCI drill will present an important opportunity for Berkeley Fire Department recruits and Berkeley High fire science students to practice responding to a situation in which there are a range of injuries, from cuts and bruises to casualties. Also involved in this drill will be members of Emergency Response Teens (ERT), a BHS club.

The MCI drill will simulate the aftermath of a roof collapse in the Donahue Gym (the gym's roof was recently retrofitted to support the installation of solar panels and minor repairs). Drama students will have makeup applied to simulate injuries so that the Fire Department recruits, BHS fire science students and ERT members will experience a real-world simulation. Our Drama students will also have an opportunity to act out their injuries, in an effort to confuse and challenge the firefighter recruits.

We will contain the MCI drill on the south side of the Donahue Gym so as not to interrupt the school day for students. Present on campus will be one ambulance for the duration of the simulation.

The MCI will begin on Wednesday, June 1st, at 1:30 PM and it will conclude before dismissal. A phone blast will go out to remind families of this drill and students will be reminded on the announcements that this is indeed a drill.

Many thanks for your attention,

And,

GO JACKETS!

Sam Pasarow
Principal

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/