[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, April 11 (Mon)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 11 19:06:45 PDT 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office. For those of you who do not hear the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletinsection of Powerschool.

Berkeley High School Bulletin for Monday, April 11, 2016

National Library Week!
April 10-16 is National Library Week. Today's libraries are more about doing than borrowing - more about connecting than simply plugging in. Libraries transform lives every day. Celebrate National Library Week with the Berkeley High Library! Stop by anytime this week for a free treat!

You can also simply fill in a cartoon we have telling us why libraries matter to you. One randomly selected winner will receive a $10 gift card to Pegasus, one of our local bookstores.

Library Closes Early Tomorrow
On Tuesday the 12th the Library will be closed 6th period and after school for testing. We will open again Wednesday morning at 7:30. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Mandatory Football Team Meeting
All students returning to or interested in the BHS Football team, please plan to attend a MANDATORY meeting on Wednesday, April 13th at 3:45pm on the bleachers of the Jacket Stadium. Email Coach "CJ" Johnson at coachcjbhs at gmail.com<mailto:coachcjbhs at gmail.com> if you have any questions.

Weekend Field Trip for Students Interested in Studying STEM
The National Society of Black Engineers Jr. Chapter has a field trip to UC Davis on Saturday April 16, 2016 from 9:30am-3:00pm. The event is sponsored by the UC Davis Black Engineers Association. The cost is $5.00 and it covers bus transportation, registration and lunch. Interested members or potential members, please see Mr. Byndloss in D-140 before school, at lunch or after school.

Join The Jacket Staff!
Join the Jacket! We are currently looking for new copy editors for the 2016-2017 school year. If you're interested in helping keep the Berkeley High Jacket free of errors, please email Natalie Bettendorf at nataliebettendorf at students.berkeley.net<mailto:nataliebettendorf at students.berkeley.net> for more information. Applications are due Wednesday, April 20th.

This Week's Lunch Menu Week of 4/11-4/15

MONDAY
Buckwheat Pancakes with Fruit Compote
or

Pizza - Pepperoni or Cheese

TUESDAY
Tamal with Spicy Beans & Rice
or

Chili Cheese Bowl with Cornbread & Rice

WEDNESDAY
Caesar Wrap - Chicken or Veggie
or

Pasta Marinara with Cheese

THURSDAY
Pork Barbacoa/Veggie Burrito
or

Tandoori Style Chicken or Tofu

FRIDAY
Pizza - Pepperoni or Cheese
or

Nachos with Beans & Rice

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/