[BHS Etree] BUSD: BHS Boys Basketball State Championship Game 2016 Photos

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Apr 3 21:28:03 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactMark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net <mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net>

Berkeley High's boys basketball team made it to the Division 1 State
Championships last night and I lost count of the amazing factors.

First, it has been more than 90 years since Berkeley High's Men have won
the Division 1 title and went on to this level. Second, I have spent a
lot of time this month observing the amazing gel of this incredibly
diverse team and their coaches; which led them to what would have been
thought impossible at the beginning of the season. Third, our own
classified employee Tiffany Williams sang the National Anthem at the
Sleep Train Arena so beautifully that I still feel chills running down
my arm (see the video). Fourth, as my photos will attest, our players
played with such heart and spirit that the game turned over so many
times that it could have been theirs many times; against what is
probably one of the highest rated teams in the nation. Fifth, When our
players were devastated after this close loss; BHS Dean Ardarius
McDonald spoke to them in the locker room articulately with such passion
and intensity that Principal Pasarow and I just stood back
in amazement and witnessed the obvious love he has for these students
whom he knows so well. Like a Baptist preacher he told each and every
one of them to wipe away their tears and hold their heads up high,
because they had not only entered into the history books in that arena,
they had changed the view of Berkeley High in the eyes of the nation. I
can't begin to describe the depth of his words, so I won't even try.

When I heard Coach Mark DeLuca tell our young men how much their coaches
loved each and every one of them I teared up as they wiped their eyes
and stood up for a final team cheer.

Check out my photos and video, and take the time to tell these players
and coaches how special they are.

BHS Boys Basketball State Championship Game 2016 Photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/albums/72157666232278272

BHS Boys Basketball State Championship Game 2016 National Anthem:
https://vimeo.com/160425024

--

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*