[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Supporting Boys Basketball on the Road to the State Championship

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 23 16:23:28 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Felicia Phillips,
feliciaphillips at berkeley.net

Hello Everyone:

We're just two days away from a historic event, and we're gearing up to
support our boys basketball team in their bid to become CIF Division I
State Champions. All championship teams have a devoted fan base, and we
know that Berkeley High has thousands of authentic fans!

Here's how you can get involved:

*Send-Off Salute**: *On Thursday during 5th period, the team will leave BHS
for Sacramento. We want them to know how proud we are of them, so we invite
everyone to join us in front of the Donahue Gym and on the Milvia Street
sidewalk to line a route and greet the players and coaching staff as they
board the bus. We'll announce the exact time during Thursday's morning
announcements.

*Game Details*: If you're interested in attending the game, here's what you
need to know:

   - Tipoff is at 8:00 p.m. at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento (One Sports
   Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95834). On a weeknight, the trip will take 90-120
   minutes from Berkeley.
   - Parking is $15/vehicle, so we encourage fans to carpool.
   - The following items are prohibited inside Sleep Train Arena: bottles,
   cans, backpacks or large bags, outside food/beverages, Frisbees, beach
   balls, laser pointers, noise making devices, illegal drugs and alcohol,
   weapons and dangerous devices of any kind.
   - General admission is $16.80/person.
   - There will be a special section reserved for Jacket fans; you'll see
   them wearing red and gold when you enter the arena.

*Fan Bus:* We're getting a Fan Bus to take student and staff fans to Sleep
Train Arena in Sacramento to cheer on the team!

   - Permission slips will be available at today's Club Fair on the Campus
   Green, and are also available by clicking *here
   <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bys2qylTiT0VNF84akxCY3Juems/view?usp=sharing>*
   *.*
   - Signed permission slips -- including emergency contact information --
   must be turned in at the main office no later than 9:30 a.m. on Thursday
   morning. There are no exceptions to this rule.
   - *Space is limited.* If there are more permission slips than there are
   seats available, a random drawing will be held to select fan bus riders and
   those who are not chosen will be placed on a wait list. The rider list and
   the wait list will be posted at lunchtime outside the Leadership Office.
   - The bus will begin boarding at 4:00 and will leave at 4:30. We expect
   to return by 11:00.
   - Students must bring their BHS ID to pay the student admission of
   $10.60, otherwise they must pay the general admission price is $16.80.
   - There is a suggested donation of $5 per student to ride the bus.
   - The following items are prohibited inside Sleep Train Arena: bottles,
   can, backpacks or large bags, outside food/beverages, Frisbees, beach
   balls, laser pointers, noise making devices, illegal drugs and alcohol,
   weapons and dangerous devices of any kind.
   - Bags brought on board the bus are subject to inspection.
   - Students that are not returning home on the Fan Bus must note that on
   their permission slips.

*Watching the Game*: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area will provide live coverage
of the game, which begins at 8:00 on Thursday. You can find Comcast
SportsNet Bay Area on all of the major cable providers:

   - AT&T Uverse: channels 770 & 1770
   - Comcast: channels 40 & 720
   - Dish Network: Channel 419
   - DirecTV: channel 696

If you want to follow the game online, check MaxPreps.com for live updates;
click here
<http://www.maxpreps.com/games/basketball-winter-15-16/berkeley-vs-crespi/3-24-2016-9pspG-XijE-ezYJG8U9XrA.htm>
to bookmark the page. For a copy of the souvenir program, click here
<http://cifstate.org/sports/basketball/2016_State_Basketball_Program.pdf>.

*Championship Celebration**: *On Friday, we'll celebrate the team's success
with a lunchtime pep rally on the Senior Steps. Members of our pep band and
cheer team will perform, and we'll hear from players and coaches.

________________________

Let's cheer the team on to victory!

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*