[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Mar. 18 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 18 12:55:16 PDT 2016

Announcements are put together in the BHS Main Office, by Brittanica Brantley brittanicabrantley at berkeley.net<mailto:brittanicabrantley at berkeley.net> and Victoria Session victoriasession at berkeley.net<mailto:victoriasession at berkeley.net>. For those of you who do not hear the announcements where you are during second period, or if you would like to read them each day, you can find them in the Daily Bulletin section of Powerschool.

Berkeley High School Bulletin for Friday, March 18, 2016

At the top of today's announcements are positive shout outs. Staff and students, if you want to enter a shout out to be broadcast across our campus please check your email for the link.

Today's 1st Shout Out is from Science Teacher Monique de Brito.
I want to give a shout out to Ronia Jackson and Elijah Jordan-Brooks for staying focused and determined in our AP environmental science class to reach their fullest potential. They take every opportunity afforded to them to excel in our class, even Friday after-school tutoring! Your dedication to your studies is inspiring! Keep up the good work, you are a part of the fabric at our school that makes BHS a place I want to teach at and I thank you for that! I feel blessed to be your teacher

Today's next shout out is from Social Science Teacher Keldon Clegg.
A huge shout out to the cast and directors of the Vagina Monologues, Anju and Kamaile, for their incredible work over the past six months. The group raised thousands of dollars for BAWAR (Bay Area Women Against Rape) in addition to raising awareness of the issues that impact gender & sexuality around the world. The production is entirely run and funded by students and their work is proof of the incredibly dynamic student body here at Berkeley High. Bravo!

BHS Drama
One week from today, OUT OF THE BLUE, the award winning all male acapella group from Oxford University in England, one again visits BHS Drama Department on their west coast tour.... Come see OUT OF THE BLUE perform their amazing, fun, acapella in the Orchestra room, A201 NEXT FRIDAY March 25th, 5pm, free!
________________________________

Register for AP Exams Today
Online registration for the 2016 AP Exams ends tonight, March 18 at 11 p.m. Students have until March 22 to make payment. Please see Ms. Williams in room C106 if you have questions.
________________________________

BHS Basketball
CONGRATULATIONS to Boys Basketball!!! They did it! They beat Monte Vista last night 63-52 and are off to the Nor Cal Finals on Saturday. The Yellowjackets will play Menlo Atherton on Saturday 3/19 at 4:00 at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento. Tickets for students with id will be $10 and available at the Arena.
Let's hear it for the Jackets!
________________________________

Saturday School
Saturday School is tomorrow morning from 9am-12pm in H207. Enter from the MLK and Allston corner of the H building. Sign up in the Attendance Office before if you can, or just come. Saturday School lets you clear up to 6 absences. Tutors, computers and an awesome teacher are available to help. Bring homework, projects, papers, or reading.
________________________________

Advanced Dance Lab Performs This Weekend
COME OUT AND SUPPORT the Advanced Dance Lab show tonight and tomorrow night at 7 pm in the Little Theater. $5 for student tickets, staff tickets are FREE. This is a fantastic showcase of student choreography -- be there and be inspired!
________________________________

Talent Show
DANG Berkeley High! We're back at it again with the Talent Show! On Friday, March 25th in the Little Theater, over 20 outstanding performers will Rap, Dance and Sing,to show that Berkeley High's got talent! Mark your calendars; we'll see you there!
________________________________

2016-2017 ASB Elections
The candidates are moving forward with their campaigns for all Associated Student Body (ASB) leadership positions seeking election during the 2016-17 school year. There are printed copies of the Candidate booklet available in the Leadership Office, and you can click here<https://drive.google.com/a/berkeley.net/file/d/0B5YvSg5voDijWXpJb0JpRG45X2s/view> to review an electronic version.

Voting will take place in 2nd period classrooms on either Tuesday, March 22 or Wednesday, March 23. Election results will be announced by Friday, March 25.
________________________________

Pep Rally TODAY
Congratulations to the Varsity Boys Basketball team for advancing to the NorCal Regional Finals game tomorrow afternoon in Sacramento. There will be a pep rally in the Donahue Gym for the team today at 4:00. We want everyone to come out to meet the team, celebrate their success so far and send them off to Sacramento ready to win. Everyone is invited, so join us today after school in the Donahue for this special event.

Career Information Available Online
Following last week's successful College & Career Week, the CCC has updated its Career Opportunities page. There are dozens of listings for current jobs, summer internships and volunteer opportunities. Click here<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/work-opportunities/> for more information.

Spring Break Details
This is a reminder that Spring Break begins on March 28 and ends on April 1. Classes resume on Monday, April 4.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/