[BHS Etree] SSC: School Site Council Meeting, Mar. 15 (Tues)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 14 15:29:07 PDT 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jana Jandra janajandra at berkeley.net<mailto:janajandra at berkeley.net>

Berkeley High School Site Council, MAR 15, 2016, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Room C-213, Berkeley High School

Public Comment:
Ten minutes are set aside at each meeting for members of the BHS community to give comments to the School Site Council. If time runs out, further comments in writing may be sent to the SSC Chair or Secretary (maryjacobs at berkeley.net<mailto:maryjacobs at berkeley.net>) The records of the SSC are available on the BHS website at http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/information/committees/school-site-council/

Working Agreements:
assume positive intent * respect your colleagues' time * be an active thinking partner focusing on the improvement and continued success for all of our students * stay focused on the agenda and outcomes * park tangential issues to address at a later time

ESTABLISH A QUORUM: 2 parents + 2 students + 2 staff + 3 anybody = 9 TOTAL Minimum.

FOR MINUTES DOCUMENTATION: Actions, Consensus Recommendations, and Consensus Requested Follow Up Items

4:00     NEEDS UPDATING Beginning Business Items (Decision) - SSC Members sign in
- Approve 2.25.16 minutes (there are no minutes)
- Approve agenda
- Establish quorum
- Review meeting protocols - identify process observer and timekeeper
4:10     Public Comments

4:15 - 4:30: finalize discussion of how we can ensure SSC Leadership Body comprises non-white students, parents, staff for 2016 2017

4:30 - 4:55: Data Presentation<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ATQ8vAJhz9M3YxTlo3a3hmLVJ1Q3MzX082WE1RcVlQQjlN/view?usp=sharing> on the Impact of LCAP Funded Initiatives<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/134ijJzT2S8r8mxUefS9ogjbetXRkyMtkm_G7dYNp71A/edit?usp=sharing>

4:55 - 5:10: Item to Vote on<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xnhLxZTEdEOL6OPDRfahxWy_jhI5Y2GgMd79jRHfRfM/edit?usp=sharing>

5:10 - 5:20: SPSA Sub Committee Discussion

5:20 - 5:45: Safety Plan Update

Nava's other items:
*survey data re: SPSA - Dave's Data report - Sam will email to SSC Members over the wknd, Dave will come and present this data
*SPSA Sub Committee - Sam to decide if we internally get it done and then get approval or we involve interested members (which may be 0 ppl) to help update the SPSA
*Safety Plan Report Out
*BSEP Report Out
*item to vote on
*End Game for May = SPSA, Safety Plan and BSEP

Jana Jandra
Principal's Assistant

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/