[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Make-A-Wish is creating generosity at Berkeley High

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 7 15:27:47 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Hello Berkeley High Community!

For the last year, Associated Student Body (ASB) Leadership has been
working diligently to promote and foster unity throughout Berkeley High
school. Berkeley High has a very diverse culture and as student leaders
we serve to better represent the student population.

For the last few months the Sophomore Class Leadership Team along, with
much of ASB Leadership, has worked to bring about an event called the
Make- A-Wish Gathering. Although based on the famous Make-A-Wish
Foundation, the Gathering has no affiliation with the organization. *The
Make-A-Wish Gathering strives to promote unity by extending the
opportunity for every student at Berkeley High to have their wish come
true.* Beginning _March 16, 2016_ every second period ambassador will be
distributing star cutouts. On the star you will be granted the chance to
wish for something that will better the Berkeley High Community or
something that willhelp benefit someone else. Examples of wishes include
having the M building gym open at lunch or wishing for supplies for a
teacher. *In this manner, we hope to better represent the voices of
students.* Having wishes based on community also helps make changes at
BHS and better our campus

Once you have cast your wish, all wishes will be reviewed by the Make-
A-Wish committee. The Make- A- Wish Committee is a collaboration of both
teachers and staff who will review them. Wishes will then be chosen
based on feasibility and affordability. Wish Granting will commence the
week of the Gathering on April 18th, 2016, with smaller wishes being
presented to students in class. *On April 22, 2016 the entire school
will gather in the Community Theatre to hear some of the larger wishes
granted.* This will be a fun event with performances, speakers, and much
more.

The Make-A-Wish Gathering cannot happen without your efforts
though.*Each class has a goal of raising $1,500 with a total of $6000
for the entire school.* This money will be used to fund the wishes and
ultimately go towards the betterment of our community and campus. Visit
Generosity.com page for more info: http://igg.me/at/ps-oZ0EzEIU

We hope you take the time to consider what you changes you would like to
see in the Berkeley High Community.

Thank You,

Genevieve Saldanha

Simelia Rogers

Sophomore Class Team

​Check out the promo video to learn more:
https://youtu.be/fqG8WkYyINw​ <https://youtu.be/fqG8WkYyINw%E2%80%8B>

--

PASSION ---> INITIATIVE ---> CHANGE
John Villavicencio

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644 - 8990 <tel:%28510%29%20644%20-%208990>
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

@Jacket__Pride

berkeleyschools.net/leadership/ <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

www.inventinghiphop.com <http://www.inventinghiphop.com>

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(/T//he request must be sent from the email address that
is subscribed to the list/.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*