[BHS Etree] TEEN SERVICES: YouthWorks Summer Employment Applications Due by Apr. 1 (Fri)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 2 20:03:26 PST 2016
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact youthworks at cityofberkeley.info
The City of Berkeley YouthWorks Employment program will accept applications
for Summer Employment in 2016 from March 1st – April 1st
YouthWorks location and contact info:
• 2180 Milvia St. (Civic Center) 1st Floor. Berkeley CA. 94704
• youthworks at cityofberkeley.info
Application pick up/drop off days and hours:
• March 1st – April 1st M-F 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications and requirements for applicants to receive an application:
• 14-25 years old
• Berkeley resident.
• Actual applicant will be required to come in person to the
YouthWorks office. Sign up, provide physical address including zip code and
two contact numbers. Without this initial information an application will
not be provided. Adults may accompany children, but adults inquiring for a
minor will not be given an application without the actual applicant present.
To submit an application:
• Application must be completely filled out in blue or black ink
• Signed by applicant and if under 18 years of age also signed
by legal guardian.
• Residency portion of application completed and signed by legal
• Provide the 5 additional items listed below with the
• Submit before deadline of 5:00 p.m. Friday April 1, 2016.
The following 5 items (all 5) are required along with the completed
1. Valid Photo ID,*
2. Social Security Card (actual card must be physically brought
3. Proof of Residency**
4. Typed Resume. (Recommend including at least 2 years of
volunteer work and/or paid &/or unpaid work experience)
*acceptable forms of ID for YouthWorks
A. School ID (Current School Year must have photo).
B. DMV issued ID (must be current)
C. Valid Passport
D. Military ID.
No other ID will be accepted.
**acceptable forms of residency for YouthWorks
1. DMV issued ID of applicant or legal guardian with Berkeley
address on it.
2. Current water, gas, electric, or cable utility bill. Bill
must be in name of legal guardian)
3. Current renter’s, lease agreement or mortgage statement in the
applicant’s or applicant’s legal guardian’s name.
No other forms will be accepted.
For further information or questions regarding the summer employment
program, please contact YouthWorks at 510-981-4970 or email
youthworks at cityofberkeley.info
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net.
To *unsubscribe* from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with
one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)
To *subscribe *to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS