[BHS Etree] BSEP: Community Conversation Tonight, Mar. 2 (Wed) at 7:00 pm

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 2 10:00:38 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact  Sam Pasarow sampasarow at berkeley.net<mailto:sampasarow at berkeley.net>

Good Morning BHS Community!

Please join us for a Community Conversation about BSEP at the Berkeley High Library at 7:00 pm tonight - Wednesday evening, March 2. We need more RSVPs<http://tinyurl.com/RSVP4BSEP> from Berkeley High!

This tax measure provides $25 million for our schools - 20% of the entire budget, pays for 1/3 of our teachers, and is up for approval by the School Board this spring, and a Berkeley city vote November 2016.

We need your input! The evening will begin with an overview of what BSEP currently does for our schools, and what the key issues are in planning for the next BSEP measure, including the question of class sizes in our elementary schools, funding for music, libraries, student support, technology, and much more.

Here is a little preview of some topics of conversation<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1egw_AUYeRKjtNBeDC62qV-61B2PxE-WCiR7ESeGEclY/edit?usp=sharing> for the evening.

Please spread the word, and bring a friend to share your ideas with Superintendent Donald Evans and the Director of BSEP, Natasha Beery.

Warm Regards and GO JACKETS,

Sam Pasarow
Principal

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/