[BHS Etree] MISC: Volunteers for College & Career Summit, March 9 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Feb 26 11:48:49 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Tasha Henneman THenneman at ci.berkeley.ca.us<mailto:THenneman at ci.berkeley.ca.us>
Dear Berkeley Parents,

You are invited to participate in City of Berkeley's College & Career Grad Nation Community Summit, as part of the 2020 Vision for Berkeley's Children and Youth initiative, which aims to eliminate the racial predictability of academic achievement in our schools. This is a city-wide event will promote a college-going culture in Berkeley and celebrate the multiple pathways students can take to achieve post-secondary attainment and career success. Classroom visits and talks will take place on Wednesday, March 9th, the main day of our summit. Our goal is to engage 10,000 students throughout the City from the youngest pre-K students to our high schoolers. We are inviting parents, professionals, college students and community members to share their educational and/or professional pathways with Berkeley students. Parents, your participation is essential to our success as your presentations will provide an influential experience in helping the students think about their future educational and professional goals.

To confirm your participation in Berkeley's College and Career Day, please make sure to register here: http://goo.gl/forms/mBTobRyYyE

For questions about the event please contact: Tasha Henneman, EdD, Education & Health Policy, Mayor Tom Bates, City of Berkeley Office of the Mayor thenneman at cityofberkeley.info<mailto:thenneman at cityofberkeley.info> or510.981.7101<tel:510.981.7101>

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you during the Berkeley College and Career Summit!

Best,
Tasha

Tasha Henneman, EdD
Education & Health Policy, Mayor Tom Bates
City of Berkeley Office of the Mayor
2180 Milvia St., 5th Fl
Berkeley, CA 94704

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/